Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: dalethorn on January 04, 2009, 07:51:07 pm
-
I've seen this with black-capped chickadees, but this is the first with a nuthatch. I missed the moment the bird actually grabbed a seed.
Panasonic TZ5, 100 ISO, 280 mm effect. zoom, from a safe distance.
-
Nice!
Of course you shot the picture hand-held with your left hand.
-
Well done! One place Marcia and I lived we would get bombarded every morning when we took the seeds out on the deck. We had two different Red-breasted Nuthatches who would come to hand; it was a first for us too. There was also one red squirrel who would come to me if I put my hand beside the railing where s/he could reach the seeds.
Mike.
-
Nice!
Of course you shot the picture hand-held with your left hand.
Actually I had to stand about 10 ft away - the bird got spooked by extra people close up.