Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Kuryan Thomas on January 01, 2009, 07:58:00 pm

Title: Commercial print shops who use ImagePrint RIP
Post by: Kuryan Thomas on January 01, 2009, 07:58:00 pm
Does anyone know of a reputable commercial printer who offers printing on wide-format Epson printers using the ImagePrint RIP?

I personally use ImagePrint and know how to optimize my images for output with it, but I'm limited to a 17" width with my 3800. I'd like to try printing wide with a 7XX0 system, but keep what I know about output optimization for ImagePrint.

Thank you.
Title: Commercial print shops who use ImagePrint RIP
Post by: Dward on January 02, 2009, 09:38:43 pm
Quote from: Kuryan Thomas
Does anyone know of a reputable commercial printer who offers printing on wide-format Epson printers using the ImagePrint RIP?

I personally use ImagePrint and know how to optimize my images for output with it, but I'm limited to a 17" width with my 3800. I'd like to try printing wide with a 7XX0 system, but keep what I know about output optimization for ImagePrint.

Thank you.


Bob Tursack at Brilliant Studio is a great master printer--he has Epson wide format with ImagePrint, as well as several other printers.  I have Brilliant print images that I just can't do to my satisfaction myself.  Amazing quality--the best I've seen.  www.brilliantstudio.com

David V. Ward, Ph. D.
www.dvward.com
David V.Ward Fine Art Photography

Title: Commercial print shops who use ImagePrint RIP
Post by: Kuryan Thomas on January 02, 2009, 09:47:52 pm
Thank you.
Title: Commercial print shops who use ImagePrint RIP
Post by: jareddimartine on January 03, 2009, 01:28:06 pm
not a commercial shop, but I work at a college that has imageprint for a 9800, 7880 and soon (hopefully) the 11880...

I'm really curious of exactly how you optimize your prints for imageprint vs. any other printing method...

Mind sharing the details?
Title: Commercial print shops who use ImagePrint RIP
Post by: Kuryan Thomas on January 03, 2009, 07:32:42 pm
Quote from: jareddimartine
not a commercial shop, but I work at a college that has imageprint for a 9800, 7880 and soon (hopefully) the 11880...

I'm really curious of exactly how you optimize your prints for imageprint vs. any other printing method...

Mind sharing the details?
Standard soft-proofing, but I've printed for so long on ImagePrint that I usually know exactly how to tweak the soft proof to get what I want. Also, with the new v7 profiles that use DCM, I find that the amount of soft-proof tweaking I need is close to none. I am never able to translate other profiles' soft-proofs into a visualized print with as much success. That is probably the only reason I still use ImagePrint.