Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: dwdmguy on January 01, 2009, 02:36:51 pm
-
Happy New year to each of you.
I've been a 35mm Film/dSLR shooter for years, Hassy 6x6 and H1 shooter as well.
Now I have the New DL-28 (AFD-III and 65s Leaf Back) arriving tomorrow.
I'd like some resources if you can please to learn about such things as what lens is allows, assoc such as remote cords etc...
what I mean is I'd like to learn about the generations if you will, their web site shows what lenses are avail. but I need to figure out
what older models will work on this as well, what limitations will it have if any etc... for example, I'd like the 28mm but don't know which one or how I tell the differences etc..
Will the lens set from the 645 Line work? The R line etc..?
Thank you so much....
-
Happy New year to each of you.
I've been a 35mm Film/dSLR shooter for years, Hassy 6x6 and H1 shooter as well.
Now I have the New DL-28 (AFD-III and 65s Leaf Back) arriving tomorrow.
I'd like some resources if you can please to learn about such things as what lens is allows, assoc such as remote cords etc...
what I mean is I'd like to learn about the generations if you will, their web site shows what lenses are avail. but I need to figure out
what older models will work on this as well, what limitations will it have if any etc... for example, I'd like the 28mm but don't know which one or how I tell the differences etc..
Will the lens set from the 645 Line work? The R line etc..?
Thank you so much....
You can use any Mamiya 645 glass and Hasselblad V mount glass when using the 645 Hasselblad V mount adapter with the Mamiya AFD III.
The D and Sekor lens are the new glass.
Michelle Matthews
Digital Transitions
-
You can use any Mamiya 645 glass and Hasselblad V mount glass when using the 645 Hasselblad V mount adapter with the Mamiya AFD III.
The D and Sekor lens are the new glass.
Michelle Matthews
Digital Transitions
Michelle, thank you for your help. My homework is showing that perhaps some if not all of the leaf shutters will not work.... so I'm thinking that any lens labled 645 is ok as long as it's not a leaf shutter.
Very best and again, thank you.
Tom
-
Michelle, thank you for your help. My homework is showing that perhaps some if not all of the leaf shutters will not work.... so I'm thinking that any lens labled 645 is ok as long as it's not a leaf shutter.
Very best and again, thank you.
Tom
IIRC, the old leaf-shutter lenses will work, but only as a normal manual lenses would via the camera's focal plane shutter... You'll need to wait for the new electronic LS lenses (and possibly a revised AFD3 body) to make use of that feature with your DL28.
-
IIRC, the old leaf-shutter lenses will work, but only as a normal manual lenses would via the camera's focal plane shutter... You'll need to wait for the new electronic LS lenses (and possibly a revised AFD3 body) to make use of that feature with your DL28.
Phase One will be shipping a 80mm leaf shutter lens sometime this year. I saw it at photokina and it is very nice. They are also making 2 other leaf shutter lens to start with but they were not 100% sure on what they will be.