Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: neile on January 01, 2009, 01:07:55 am
-
I have my main Lightroom v2 catalog on my PC with all my images stored as DNG, and while I was on a photo trip I created a separate catalog on my laptop for image goo while on the road. All those images are in CRW format, as converting to DNG was just too slow on the laptop.
Now that I'm home I want to take the images from my laptop, along with all the edits I've made, and get them into my desktop catalog as DNGs. So far I've tried:
1) Importing the catalog directly off the laptop's portable harddrive. This only seems to let me import the files "at the current location" and only as the existing image formats.
2) Saving all the metadata to XMP files, then importing files on disk just like any other file. I can convert to DNG this way, but I'm not seeing my image edits come along for the ride.
Am I missing something obvious here? What's the right way to do this. Thanks!
Neil
-
Absent a better solution, copy to DVD and then import.
-
Absent a better solution, copy to DVD and then import.
I'm not sure how that would solve my problem. They are on a portable harddrive so moving them from one machine to another isn't the problem. It's importing them while converting to DNG and maintaining my edits from the laptop.
Neil
-
Open the catalog and first select: file-export as catalog. Then after re-opening in your main catalog select: file: import from catalog. Cheers, David