Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: hs0zfe on December 30, 2008, 10:18:46 pm

Title: Which brighter screens? Beatty or ??
Post by: hs0zfe on December 30, 2008, 10:18:46 pm
Two screens are broken and need to be replaced. It happened when cameras were in the mail. (Next time, consider removing the screens first).

I'm familiar with the Acute Matte  but know nothing about what's out there. On eBay, I saw some Beatty offered but the prices were high for the RB 67.
Now that I also have a broken GX 680 screen, I wonder if you can recommend something. Cheers.
Title: Which brighter screens? Beatty or ??
Post by: ddk on December 30, 2008, 11:03:02 pm
Quote from: hs0zfe
Two screens are broken and need to be replaced. It happened when cameras were in the mail. (Next time, consider removing the screens first).

I'm familiar with the Acute Matte  but know nothing about what's out there. On eBay, I saw some Beatty offered but the prices were high for the RB 67.
Now that I also have a broken GX 680 screen, I wonder if you can recommend something. Cheers.


Try Bill Maxwell's, I have several of his screens for my Contaxes, and GX680 III, they're far better than anything else I've tried. Here's the unofficial site, you'll find the relevant information here:

http://www.mattclara.com/maxwell/index.html; (http://www.mattclara.com/maxwell/index.html;)
Title: Which brighter screens? Beatty or ??
Post by: hs0zfe on December 31, 2008, 03:29:13 am
Quote from: ddk
Try Bill Maxwell's, I have several of his screens for my Contaxes, and GX680 III, they're far better than anything else I've tried. Here's the unofficial site, you'll find the relevant information here:

http://www.mattclara.com/maxwell/index.html; (http://www.mattclara.com/maxwell/index.html;)
[font= \"Comic Sans MS\"][/font]Thanks a lot, DDK![font="Comic Sans MS"][/font]
Title: Which brighter screens? Beatty or ??
Post by: hs0zfe on December 31, 2008, 03:34:41 am
Here's the link: http://www.mattclara.com/maxwell/index.html (http://www.mattclara.com/maxwell/index.html)