Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: michael a on December 29, 2008, 04:26:41 am
-
I'm using Vista and CS4. I deleted a large number of printer profiles from my system. Even though they are deleted, all of the profiles continue to show up in the list of printer profiles in CS4. I have tried to delete them using Color Management in the Control Panel, as well as just deleting them from Windows Explorer. No matter how they are deleted, the names continue to show up in CS4. I also moved the preferences file in CS4 and forced CS4 to recreate it. None of these steps work. Somehow CS4 has memorized the names, and they permanently appear. CS4 is clearly not updating its own list of printer profiles to reflect changes made to the system.
Does anyone have a solution? How can we delete printer profiles, and force Photoshop to recognize those deletions?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
-
Here is where Adobe claims the profiles are located, did you check all 3 locations?
Photoshop installs a selection of generic profiles for display and output devices to the following locations:
Windows XP Windows/System32/Spool/Drivers/Color
Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Color/Profiles
Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Color/Profiles/Recommended