Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Lex on December 27, 2008, 07:39:07 am

Title: Catallog Problem
Post by: Lex on December 27, 2008, 07:39:07 am
Suddenly whilst running version 2.2  my catalogs seem to be failing. If I plug another external drive into the computer the folders for that drive suddenly have a ? beside them indicating that lightroom has lost track of them. Is there an easier way to correct this than re-importing all of my files from these drives.I admit to having only a basic knowlege of computer matters; but before; when I would add a drive the files would be recognized almost instantly. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Lex Franks
Title: Catallog Problem
Post by: Bo Koue Callesen on December 27, 2008, 09:18:04 am
Quote from: Lex
Suddenly whilst running version 2.2  my catalogs seem to be failing. If I plug another external drive into the computer the folders for that drive suddenly have a ? beside them indicating that lightroom has lost track of them. Is there an easier way to correct this than re-importing all of my files from these drives.I admit to having only a basic knowlege of computer matters; but before; when I would add a drive the files would be recognized almost instantly. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Lex Franks

From inside LR, try a "Update Folder Location" by right click on the top most folder in the "Folders" view. Then point to the same folder again on you drive containing the pictures, this should reset any problems.

br,
Bo