Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: phoTOMgraphy on December 26, 2008, 01:48:07 pm

Title: Hasselblad H serial numbers
Post by: phoTOMgraphy on December 26, 2008, 01:48:07 pm
Hi everyone,
could you please give me an example for a serial number of a H3D 39?
Body and back. Just to check if they are real.

I wonder how to check if the equipment is serious?
As I told a few days ago, I purchased an H3d39, I'm gonna meet the private trader this weekend.
And I don't want to get into trouble afterwards.

I already know the serial numbers from the body, the back and the viewfinder.
I want to check if they are on any list of stolen goods etc.

Other question: which Battery grip is standard with the H3d?

And could anyone email me a manual from this camera, please?

best regards
Thomas
Title: Hasselblad H serial numbers
Post by: Dustbak on December 26, 2008, 02:13:20 pm
Why not download a manual from the Hasselblad website and send Hasselblad an email with your questions about that body along with its serial number. For a lot of equipment they can tell you the history, where it has been sold, what repairs it has had and whether it is still under warranty or how long it is out of it.

That was one of the first things I did when I bought a second hand CF back several years ago.

Title: Hasselblad H serial numbers
Post by: phoTOMgraphy on December 26, 2008, 03:20:39 pm
Quote from: Dustbak
Why not download a manual from the Hasselblad website and send Hasselblad an email with your questions about that body along with its serial number. For a lot of equipment they can tell you the history, where it has been sold, what repairs it has had and whether it is still under warranty or how long it is out of it.

That was one of the first things I did when I bought a second hand CF back several years ago.

good idea,
but unfortunately I didn't know this possibility. and it wouldn't be answered before buying it this weekend.
But I will email Hasselblad about this issue.

Thomas

Title: Hasselblad H serial numbers
Post by: jecxz on December 26, 2008, 05:29:20 pm
Quote from: phoTOMgraphy
good idea,
but unfortunately I didn't know this possibility. and it wouldn't be answered before buying it this weekend.
But I will email Hasselblad about this issue.

Thomas
Thomas,

Check out http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com (http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com) - a lot of us talk H stuff there and it is a great place for guidance and tips. Best of luck with your new H!

Kind regards,
Derek