Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: lensfactory on December 26, 2008, 12:09:38 am

Title: Good sharpening plug-in like Focalblade?
Post by: lensfactory on December 26, 2008, 12:09:38 am
Can any of you let me know of any alternatives to Focalblade? It seems to always crash my Vista machine...and have tried everything I can to fix. WIll probably get a fix.....but in meantime, I haven't checked what's out there lately.
What sharpening programs are the best?
Title: Good sharpening plug-in like Focalblade?
Post by: walter.sk on December 26, 2008, 09:48:19 am
Quote from: lensfactory
Can any of you let me know of any alternatives to Focalblade? It seems to always crash my Vista machine...and have tried everything I can to fix. WIll probably get a fix.....but in meantime, I haven't checked what's out there lately.
What sharpening programs are the best?
Two programs that excel in flexibility and ease of use to produce great results are PhotoKit Sharpen and NIK Sharpener.  Another program that is not actually a "sharpening" program is Focus Magic, a deconvolution program that analyzes the width of the blur in all or part of an image, and "refocuses" it.  Often for me Focus Magic serves the need of both "capture" and "creative" sharpening with a subtle effect.  I use focus magic in every image, whether selectively or globally.  I had used PKSharpen for output sharpening, but since I now print from Qimage, which uprezzes and sharpens my images on the fly, I no longer use PKSharpen.
Title: Good sharpening plug-in like Focalblade?
Post by: Jonathan Wienke on December 26, 2008, 10:48:15 am
I second the recommendations for both Focus Magic and QImage.