Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => For Sale => Topic started by: citizenjoe on December 17, 2008, 12:33:04 am

Title: FS: almost MINT Canon 5D
Post by: citizenjoe on December 17, 2008, 12:33:04 am
It's time to sadly say goodbye to my much loved Canon 5D.  

As of tonight, it has 14,489 shutter activations. In other words, it's almost new! It comes with everything that it did when it was new, including the box, as well as the following extras: 2 newer batteries (3 batteries in total) and 3, Extreme III, 1 Gig. CF Cards. Also includes Sandisk Rescue Pro and one of those little keyring-wallet things that sometimes comes with a card.

This is a great tool and, as with all my gear, it has been babied from day one. You can see many images captured with the camera on my web site. It's really true what they say about the great high ISO-Low Noise ratio. When purchased, this kit cost A LOT and can now be yours for only $1600 Canadian. Of course, reasonable offers will be entertained.

Please feel free to PM me. I'm in Winnipeg, am happy to show it off and prefer face-to-face, cash transactions. That way everybody knows what they're getting.

Cheers,
Hugh
Title: FS: almost MINT Canon 5D
Post by: citizenjoe on December 20, 2008, 01:00:22 am
a bump
Title: FS: almost MINT Canon 5D
Post by: archivue on December 28, 2008, 02:44:19 pm
Quote from: citizenjoe
As of tonight, it has 14,489 shutter activations.


Hi, how do you check the shutter activations number on a 5D ?
Thanks

Title: FS: almost MINT Canon 5D
Post by: gbart on December 31, 2008, 04:08:38 pm
Quote from: archivue
Hi, how do you check the shutter activations number on a 5D ?
Thanks

I think only Canon can determine the actual shutter actuation count. As I recall, there used to be some kind of software program that could tell you how many times the shutter was pressed. The name escapes me, though.

Greg
Title: FS: almost MINT Canon 5D
Post by: DesW on January 01, 2009, 03:00:03 am
Quote from: gbart
I think only Canon can determine the actual shutter actuation count. As I recall, there used to be some kind of software program that could tell you how many times the shutter was pressed. The name escapes me, though.

Greg

Hi,

Cancount.com--- but I see it is defunct.

Des
Title: FS: almost MINT Canon 5D
Post by: citizenjoe on January 01, 2009, 05:32:49 pm
Quote from: archivue
Hi, how do you check the shutter activations number on a 5D ?
Thanks

Canon Count only works on the 1 series bodies, I believe.  I am sure of the count as I am in the habit of not re-setting the counter - ever.  I've done this with every camera I've owned so that I always know!  

Cheers,
Hugh
Title: FS: almost MINT Canon 5D
Post by: citizenjoe on January 06, 2009, 06:56:18 pm
I'm back from my travels, now and am giving this one more bump.  Hopefully, someone will be interested    
All reasonable offers considered!!

Cheers,
Hugh