Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Locheil on December 16, 2008, 08:38:42 am

Title: LR 2.2 now won't burn to disc problem
Post by: Locheil on December 16, 2008, 08:38:42 am
Previously I had burn to disc function working on LR2.1, now updated to LR2.2, now burn to disc export function is not working. Lightroom reports "Disc Burning is not supported by lightroom on this computer. It has been disabled"
Question, how do I enable it to work again?

Note 32bit Xp version installed.

...Alan
Title: LR 2.2 now won't burn to disc problem
Post by: cyberworldsinc on December 18, 2008, 11:37:41 pm
Quote from: Locheil
Previously I had burn to disc function working on LR2.1, now updated to LR2.2, now burn to disc export function is not working. Lightroom reports "Disc Burning is not supported by lightroom on this computer. It has been disabled"
Question, how do I enable it to work again?

Note 32bit Xp version installed.

...Alan

On the Adobe Lightroom community forum a couple of people have reported that uninstalling LR2.x & reinstalling 2.2 fixed this issue. I have the same problem, but haven't tried this fix yet myself.

- Jack
Title: LR 2.2 now won't burn to disc problem
Post by: Locheil on December 19, 2008, 09:07:09 am
Quote from: cyberworldsinc
On the Adobe Lightroom community forum a couple of people have reported that uninstalling LR2.x & reinstalling 2.2 fixed this issue. I have the same problem, but haven't tried this fix yet myself.

- Jack

I'm getting confused now!.... I also found this info on the adobe support website

"
 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom use a CD- and DVD-burning engine that Adobe licenses from Sonic Solutions.

You can determine if your CD or DVD burner is compatible with Photoshop Elements and Lightroom by searching the Sonic website. Photoshop Elements and Lightroom use the same CD- and DVD-burning engine as Sonic Solutions RecordNow!.

To determine if your CD or DVD burner is compatible with Photoshop Elements and Lightroom:

1. Go to http://support.sonic.com/hardware/default....amp;varsubmit=2 (http://support.sonic.com/hardware/default.asp?product=recordnow&type=desktop&pid=1&varsubmit=2) .

2. From the Please Select Your Manufacturer menu, choose the manufacturer of your CD or DVD burner. "

& neither of the 2 burners are on the supported list!


...Alan

Title: LR 2.2 now won't burn to disc problem
Post by: Locheil on December 26, 2008, 01:15:11 pm
Quote from: Locheil
Previously I had burn to disc function working on LR2.1, now updated to LR2.2, now burn to disc export function is not working. Lightroom reports "Disc Burning is not supported by lightroom on this computer. It has been disabled"
Question, how do I enable it to work again?

Note 32bit Xp version installed.

...Alan


Problem resolved by running the Lightroom install program directly, ( not the auto update throught lightroom) & choosing the "repair" option.... burning to disc now works!