Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Lisa Nikodym on December 13, 2008, 11:19:01 am
-
I use CS3, and recently started using a new Nikon D300 in addition to my old D200. In Bridge, where it has always shown thumbnails of the D200 raw images (and enlargements on the right-hand when I click on a thumbnail), it doesn't show anything but the "NEF" icon for the D300 images. It's like it doesn't know how to display the D300 raw images. However, it *does* successfully still display D200 thumbnails. Also, ACR does successfully open D300 raws (which is the most important thing).
I'm using version 2.1.1.9 of Bridge (for CS3), which I believe is current. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can convince it to show thumbnails for the D300 raw files???
Lisa
-
Hasn't anyone else here run into this problem?
Lisa
-
Adobe wants you to buy CS4. Your other option is to convert to DNG.
I had the same problem and could find no way around it.
-
Hasn't anyone else here run into this problem?
Lisa
Lisa,
I'm using CS3 on a Mac and I can see thumbnails of D300 NEF files in Bridge (2.1.1.9 for Mac). Just make sure that you have the latest version of Adobe Camera RAW (4.6 for CS3).
-
Hmm. I *do* have the latest ACR version. I have a PC, not a Mac, so that may perhaps (?) be why some of us can see D300 raws and others can't.
Fortunately, my camera can save a jpg along with each raw, so I'll get accustomed to using the jpg thumbnail to find the image I want in Bridge - at least until CS5 comes out and I decide it's time to upgrade. (I sometimes skip an upgrade and wait for the next one.)
Lisa
-
Hmm. I *do* have the latest ACR version. I have a PC, not a Mac, so that may perhaps (?) be why some of us can see D300 raws and others can't.
Fortunately, my camera can save a jpg along with each raw, so I'll get accustomed to using the jpg thumbnail to find the image I want in Bridge - at least until CS5 comes out and I decide it's time to upgrade. (I sometimes skip an upgrade and wait for the next one.)
Lisa
You might want to ask on the Adobe User to User forums (http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/). If you don't want to shoot NEF + jepg, you can always extract jpegs later with "Instant JPEG from Raw" (http://www.rawworkflow.com/blog/2008/10/22/instant-jpeg-from-raw-version-11.html).