Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Marlyn on December 13, 2008, 07:01:45 am
-
Hi All,
I know there are some PTGui fans here, so looking for some help.
Been messing around with PTGUI, and seems to work very well for generating the Pano,
BUT, Photoshop CS4 won't open the resultant output PSD file !.
"Could not compelte your request because the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop"
For my workflow, I want to get a Layered Pano output into Photoshop.
Anyone got any Idea's ?
Regards
Mark.
-
Hi All,
I know there are some PTGui fans here, so looking for some help.
Been messing around with PTGUI, and seems to work very well for generating the Pano,
BUT, Photoshop CS4 won't open the resultant output PSD file !.
"Could not compelte your request because the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop"
For my workflow, I want to get a Layered Pano output into Photoshop.
Anyone got any Idea's ?
Regards
Mark.
How large is the output file from PTGui and what version of PTGui? I know you're using CS4 64bit, but have you tried opening it with 32bit or with CS3?
-
I have often done that successfully in 32bit CS3. In the "Create Panorama" tab, to the right of where it says "File Format:" click "Settings" then make sure you "Packbits" selected for "Compression." I vaguely remember having the same problem some time ago, I believe that fixed it for me.
-
Anyone got any Idea's ?
You can always try exporting in .psb
Cheers,
Bernard
-
Output file size is 947mb.
Using CS4 64 bit on Vista 64, and using PTGui Pro 8.0.2 trial for 64-bit Windows version of PtGui.
PSD Output is set to 16 bits, Packbits Compression.
Got the same error when I tried opening the file in CS4-32 bit as well.
I tried PSB, and whilst it generated a 4.5gb file, it did open in CS4.
Mark
-
Still no joy. Tried all the combinations, CS4 still says 'nup, can't open it'
Tried both 64 and 32 bit. I don't have CS3 loaded anywhere to try that.