Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: simplify on December 11, 2008, 06:10:34 pm

Title: Mamiya AFD II mirror lock up
Post by: simplify on December 11, 2008, 06:10:34 pm
I just sold my AFD II camera to somebody on ebay.  It was working perfectly normal before I shipped it to this guy.  He says - "I go to shoot with it, the mirror locks up. I'm in manual mode, fresh batteries, and I've spent a good amount of time re-reading the manual. I received my other body back from the MAC group and the back works fine on that body.  Can't figure it out. Do you have any insight into this? "  He says it takes a photo and then the mirror lock up engages.

Can somebody please help me so I can solve this guys problem.

Thanks,
Title: Mamiya AFD II mirror lock up
Post by: Snook on December 11, 2008, 06:15:38 pm
Quote from: simplify
I just sold my AFD II camera to somebody on ebay.  It was working perfectly normal before I shipped it to this guy.  He says - "I go to shoot with it, the mirror locks up. I'm in manual mode, fresh batteries, and I've spent a good amount of time re-reading the manual. I received my other body back from the MAC group and the back works fine on that body.  Can't figure it out. Do you have any insight into this? "  He says it takes a photo and then the mirror lock up engages.

Can somebody please help me so I can solve this guys problem.

Thanks,


I think there is the little battery under neath tha makes that happen..
If I am not mistaken.. I know my 645 and Pentax 67 would do that if the battery was dead under neath..
Doe the AFDII,I have one cannot remember, have a lttle battery as well.. the cr2 one?
Snook
Title: Mamiya AFD II mirror lock up
Post by: simplify on December 11, 2008, 07:15:00 pm
He claims the watch battery is only on the film back on the AFD II
Title: Mamiya AFD II mirror lock up
Post by: Snook on December 11, 2008, 07:39:40 pm
Quote from: simplify
He claims the watch battery is only on the film back on the AFD II


Let me check!!
Sorry got side tracked yesterday.. Yeh I cannot find any other battery.
I thought it did have a battery (watch) style or cr2 style in the body somewhere..
Oh well..
Hope you get it worked out!
Snook