Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: JohnBrew on December 11, 2008, 12:46:39 pm
-
Not sure if this is the correct forum, but I will post this and see. I just had to replace my computer with one that runs Windows Vista. It refuses to recognise my Minolta 5400 scanner. Has anyone run into this before? Or does anyone have any ideas as to how I can accomplish this? I need a solution fairly quickly as I have three rolls of slides to scan (gulp!).
Thanks for all replies.
-
Did you install the scanner driver before connecting it with the computer?
Some device have to follow this procedure so as to function normally.
-
Did you install the scanner driver before connecting it with the computer?
Some device have to follow this procedure so as to function normally.
thanks for your reply, John. Yes, I did. My SilverFast software says it cannot find the scanner on my computer and I am unable to open the Minolta software I loaded, so the problem seems to be with Vista not being compatible with my old Minolta software.
-
John,
Minolta never wrote any drivers for Vista. The last available driver is for XP and will not work on Vista.
One thing that should work is Vue Scan although I have not tried it, I'm still on XP.
HTH
Rich
-
John,
Minolta never wrote any drivers for Vista. The last available driver is for XP and will not work on Vista.
One thing that should work is Vue Scan although I have not tried it, I'm still on XP.
HTH
Rich
Vuescan did the trick. YAY! For those interested my scans are actually much faster now, also. A nice bonus.