Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Greg Haag on December 10, 2008, 05:25:29 pm

Title: Phase One’s Capture One 4 PRO
Post by: Greg Haag on December 10, 2008, 05:25:29 pm
Question for someone who might be familiar with Phase One’s Capture One 4 PRO.  I currently have Capture One DB 3.7 which came with my digital back and upgrades do not cost me anything and I use Adobe Bridge/Photoshop CS4 for my Canon work.  Does anyone have a suggestion on switching everything over to Capture One 4 Pro?
Thanks,
Greg
Title: Phase One’s Capture One 4 PRO
Post by: clawery on December 13, 2008, 10:03:16 am
Quote from: Greg Haag
Question for someone who might be familiar with Phase One’s Capture One 4 PRO.  I currently have Capture One DB 3.7 which came with my digital back and upgrades do not cost me anything and I use Adobe Bridge/Photoshop CS4 for my Canon work.  Does anyone have a suggestion on switching everything over to Capture One 4 Pro?
Thanks,
Greg

Greg,

My name is Chris Lawery from Capture Integration. I'd be glad to discuss transitioning from C1 3.7 to 4 with you.  We are currently offering webinars on that exact subject.  Please look at our web site for details: www.captureintegraton.com

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration
(404)234-5195
Title: Phase One’s Capture One 4 PRO
Post by: Bill Caulfeild-Browne on December 13, 2008, 05:52:34 pm
Quote from: Greg Haag
Question for someone who might be familiar with Phase One’s Capture One 4 PRO.  I currently have Capture One DB 3.7 which came with my digital back and upgrades do not cost me anything and I use Adobe Bridge/Photoshop CS4 for my Canon work.  Does anyone have a suggestion on switching everything over to Capture One 4 Pro?
Thanks,
Greg
 



If you are using a Phase back, you owe it to yourself to use C1. ACR just doesn't do a good job of RAW conversion for Phase, at least on my P45+. Just try converting some ISO 400 images and look at the noise alone.
Bill
Title: Phase One’s Capture One 4 PRO
Post by: Greg Haag on December 14, 2008, 08:33:13 pm
Quote from: clawery
Greg,

My name is Chris Lawery from Capture Integration. I'd be glad to discuss transitioning from C1 3.7 to 4 with you.  We are currently offering webinars on that exact subject.  Please look at our web site for details: www.captureintegraton.com

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration
(404)234-5195


Chris,
Thanks for responding.  I actually bought my back from you guys.  Met you a little while back when I stopped by your place and picked up a couple batteries and cable for tethering.  I will check out your site.  What are your thoughts on the pro/cons of doing this or staying with my current format of Capture One DB 3.7 which came with my digital back (upgrades do not cost me anything) and Adobe Bridge/Photoshop CS4 for my Canon work.
Thanks
Greg
Title: Phase One’s Capture One 4 PRO
Post by: Henry Goh on December 14, 2008, 10:21:20 pm
Greg,

I'm sure you know you can just download C1 DB 4.5 and compare it for yourself but I think for existing backs, using V3.7.8 or 9 should be as good and more stable than 4.5.  In fact, if you go to Phaseone user forum, you will see quite a few posts asking to bring back certain features that were on V 3.7.x

Good luck.
Title: Phase One’s Capture One 4 PRO
Post by: Greg Haag on December 15, 2008, 09:01:44 am
Quote from: Henry Goh
Greg,

I'm sure you know you can just download C1 DB 4.5 and compare it for yourself but I think for existing backs, using V3.7.8 or 9 should be as good and more stable than 4.5.  In fact, if you go to Phaseone user forum, you will see quite a few posts asking to bring back certain features that were on V 3.7.x

Good luck.


Henry,
Thanks for your input.
Greg
Title: Phase One’s Capture One 4 PRO
Post by: clawery on December 15, 2008, 09:05:13 am
Quote from: Greg Haag
Chris,
Thanks for responding.  I actually bought my back from you guys.  Met you a little while back when I stopped by your place and picked up a couple batteries and cable for tethering.  I will check out your site.  What are your thoughts on the pro/cons of doing this or staying with my current format of Capture One DB 3.7 which came with my digital back (upgrades do not cost me anything) and Adobe Bridge/Photoshop CS4 for my Canon work.
Thanks
Greg


Greg,

I do remember you stopping in a few months back to pick up batteries.  As you see in Henry's e-mail above, you can download and run both C1 3 version and the 4 version.  I would start getting used the the 4 version since it will be the direction of Phase One's software.  There is a very good help menu built into both versions that will go through set up and shooting step-by-step.


Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
[email protected]
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer of the Year (http://www.captureintegration.com)

877-217-9870 | National
404-234-5195 | Cell  
Sign up for our Newsletter (http://visitor.constantcontact.com/email.jsp?m=1101868815210&p=oi) | Read Our Latest Newsletter (http://www.captureintegration.com/our-company/newsletters/)
Title: Phase One’s Capture One 4 PRO
Post by: TylerB on December 15, 2008, 02:01:51 pm
If you do not have an Intel Mac, don't try it. It will not work and will also mess up your existing prefs from your current version...
Tyler