Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: mbridgers on December 10, 2008, 02:37:13 pm

Title: Michael Reichmann folios at Lenswork
Post by: mbridgers on December 10, 2008, 02:37:13 pm
I noticed on Lenswork's home page that there are now 2 Lenswork Special Editions folios of Michael's work:  6 BW, and 15 color landscapes.
http://www.lenswork.com/specialeditions/lwfolios.htm (http://www.lenswork.com/specialeditions/lwfolios.htm)

Great opportunity for high quality prints at reasonable prices.
Title: Michael Reichmann folios at Lenswork
Post by: PhillyPhotographer on December 10, 2008, 03:21:45 pm
Also congratulations on being in issue #80
Title: Michael Reichmann folios at Lenswork
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 10, 2008, 03:47:48 pm
The new folios are a great buy. The Mitch Dobrowner one that I have is stunning, so I bet Michael's are too.
Title: Michael Reichmann folios at Lenswork
Post by: jasonrandolph on December 10, 2008, 07:18:07 pm
Quote from: mbridgers
I noticed on Lenswork's home page that there are now 2 Lenswork Special Editions folios of Michael's work:  6 BW, and 15 color landscapes.
http://www.lenswork.com/specialeditions/lwfolios.htm (http://www.lenswork.com/specialeditions/lwfolios.htm)

Great opportunity for high quality prints at reasonable prices.

Congrats Michael!  Well-deserved recognition for your work.  I can't wait to see the next issue of Lenswork...
Title: Michael Reichmann folios at Lenswork
Post by: canlogic on December 10, 2008, 08:09:44 pm
Congratulations! Well deserved!
Title: Michael Reichmann folios at Lenswork
Post by: KeithR on December 10, 2008, 11:26:05 pm
I will be placing my order by the end of the week for the folios.
Question for MR. You have stated that your current favorite paper is the Ilford GFS. So why are your folios printed on the Harmon FB AL Warmtone?
Title: Michael Reichmann folios at Lenswork
Post by: DarkPenguin on December 10, 2008, 11:28:20 pm
These lenswork portfolios are going to break me.

Very cool.  I've ordered one.  Will have to pick up the others after xmas.
Title: Michael Reichmann folios at Lenswork
Post by: wolfnowl on December 11, 2008, 12:58:59 am
Congrats, Michael!

Mike.
Title: Michael Reichmann folios at Lenswork
Post by: capital on December 11, 2008, 01:01:18 am
I tried to download the pdf, to view the larger images, but when it tries to open in acrobat reader it says "bad encrypt dictionary"

Is the server side  file corrupted?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Title: Michael Reichmann folios at Lenswork
Post by: michael on December 11, 2008, 03:41:45 am
Keith,

The folios are being produced by LensWork and this is their preferred paper. I am completely happy with their choice and have approved the proofs. The prints are, of course, made directly from my original files.

Capital – I've tested the PDFs and they are working fine. Must be something at your end.

Thank all for the support.

Michael

Title: Michael Reichmann folios at Lenswork
Post by: picnic on December 11, 2008, 08:50:52 am
Quote from: PhillyPhotographer
Also congratulations on being in issue #80

Congratulations Michael.  Having read the above I was a bit confused---I just received my #79 yesterday but then realized this is the upcoming Jan/Feb issue due next month.  Wonderful that they are doing the folios--and congratulations there too.

Diane
Title: Michael Reichmann folios at Lenswork
Post by: Moynihan on December 11, 2008, 10:33:45 am
congrads!
Another reason to look forward to my next issue of Lenswork.

Are you/your work in any of the extras on the DVD version?

Title: Michael Reichmann folios at Lenswork
Post by: michael on December 11, 2008, 05:12:33 pm
Yes, there's a colour portfolio of mine as well as an audio interview on the upcoming LensWork Extended CD.

Michael

Title: Michael Reichmann folios at Lenswork
Post by: KeithR on December 11, 2008, 06:11:46 pm
Quote from: picnic
Congratulations Michael.  Having read the above I was a bit confused---I just received my #79 yesterday but then realized this is the upcoming Jan/Feb issue due next month.  Wonderful that they are doing the folios--and congratulations there too.

Diane
I had a question about my renewing my subscription and issues #79 & 80 and received this answer today:
LensWork Extended issue #79 will be shipping to subscribers in a few days .  Issue #80 will ship at the end of January.
Title: Michael Reichmann folios at Lenswork
Post by: KeithR on December 11, 2008, 06:15:36 pm
Quote from: michael
Yes, there's a colour portfolio of mine as well as an audio interview on the upcoming LensWork Extended CD.

Michael
Does the color portfolio on the DVD have the same images as the folio that is being offered or do we get to see different images on the DVD?
Title: Michael Reichmann folios at Lenswork
Post by: Christopher Sanderson on December 11, 2008, 06:20:43 pm
LensWork Extended #80 on DVD-Data  will also have some extra video goodies relating to the cover photograph.