Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Rob C on December 08, 2008, 01:09:44 pm

Title: Bud Light
Post by: Rob C on December 08, 2008, 01:09:44 pm
Aka Urban Bullfighter?

Rob C
Title: Bud Light
Post by: KeithR on December 08, 2008, 09:28:26 pm
As one who has covered the NFL for over 30 years, I will be very interested to see MR's take on the game from an artist's perspective.
Title: Bud Light
Post by: DarkPenguin on December 08, 2008, 10:06:16 pm
Quote from: KeithR
As one who has covered the NFL for over 30 years, I will be very interested to see MR's take on the game from an artist's perspective.

I don't suppose you have any of Gus laying dead on the turf during the bears game a week or so ago do you?
Title: Bud Light
Post by: KeithR on December 08, 2008, 11:51:23 pm
Quote from: DarkPenguin
I don't suppose you have any of Gus laying dead on the turf during the bears game a week or so ago do you?

I'll check. I'm sure I can find one of him lying around somewhere.
Title: Bud Light
Post by: Rob C on December 09, 2008, 05:27:03 am
Quote from: KeithR
As one who has covered the NFL for over 30 years, I will be very interested to see MR's take on the game from an artist's perspective.


Take a look back at Ernst Haas and his bullfights...

As I repeat to the death, Michael has such an eye for this stuff that I wish he´d either create a special section of Lula for it or, better, another site devoted to the genre?

Rob C
Title: Bud Light
Post by: michael on December 09, 2008, 07:05:26 am
Ernst Haas is a particular hero of mine. Thanks.

More to come very soon.

Michael
Title: Bud Light
Post by: KeithR on December 09, 2008, 10:17:53 am
Am familiar with Ernst Haas work. That's why I am interested in MR's interpretation of the game. We see very little, if any, creative shots like this. These usually get thrown out by editors if they even get that far. I tried a pan shot during a game a few years ago, but you get so tied into what you have to produce that it leaves little time to "play". That said, In yesterdays morning paper, there was a panned shot. Heres a link to the page that has some of the picks from the game(I don't work for the paper). You may have to scroll to find the one panned shot.
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/...iD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/35680369.html?elr=KArks8Lcac_QE77DyPDiUeLcac_jE77DyPDiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU)
Title: Bud Light
Post by: DarkPenguin on December 09, 2008, 11:08:43 am
Quote from: KeithR
I'll check. I'm sure I can find one of him lying around somewhere.

I always imagine he is laying on the ground thinking "I could be coaching pee wee football now."