Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: mcfoto on December 08, 2008, 03:32:01 am

Title: Hitler on Nikon. homour
Post by: mcfoto on December 08, 2008, 03:32:01 am
Hi
I think the MFD guys will love this. This from LL, MR........Very funny!!!!                

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnwf2RShNV0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnwf2RShNV0)
Title: Hitler on Nikon. homour
Post by: ziocan on December 08, 2008, 04:11:04 am
Quote from: mcfoto
Hi
I think the MFD guys will love this. This from LL, MR........Very funny!!!!                

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnwf2RShNV0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnwf2RShNV0)
And he only shoots Jpegs.....!!!
Title: Hitler on Nikon. homour
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on December 08, 2008, 08:06:35 am
This is really very funny
Title: Hitler on Nikon. homour
Post by: Czornyj on December 08, 2008, 08:34:07 am
Quote from: Martin Kristiansen
This is really very funny

It's not so funny, when you understand German...
Title: Hitler on Nikon. homour
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on December 08, 2008, 08:53:50 am
Quote from: Czornyj
It's not so funny, when you understand German...

Oh dear. I was afraid of that. He is not a funny person and that I guess is what made it work for me.
Title: Hitler on Nikon. homour
Post by: froesner on December 08, 2008, 09:10:36 am
Quote from: Martin Kristiansen
Oh dear. I was afraid of that. He is not a funny person and that I guess is what made it work for me.

JAWOHL

/Frank
Title: Hitler on Nikon. homour
Post by: Carsten W on December 08, 2008, 12:48:51 pm
Quote from: EPd
There is a whole series of different versions of this scene from Der Untergang ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363163/ (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363163/) ) where the voices are dubbed or subtitled with dialogue regarding contemporary matters. It's a kind of Kilroy was here-effect. I think this version is pretty funny for us photographers, but unfortunately the idea is not original at all as there are dozens of versions of the same particular scene with different text.

Yep, a couple of months back it happened when Autodesk bought Softimage. A while back, there was even one where they dubbed the audio, but I don't recall what it was any more. The film is great, btw.
Title: Hitler on Nikon. homour
Post by: pixjohn on December 08, 2008, 02:42:13 pm
Not funny and Poor Taste.  
Title: Hitler on Nikon. homour
Post by: feppe on December 08, 2008, 03:11:37 pm
Quote from: pixjohn
Not funny and Poor Taste.  

It's funny. You can laugh.  

As said, this and some other scenes from the same movie have been repossessed by satirists on youtube (I use that term loosely here) - some successful, most not. This is one of the funnier ones.
Title: Hitler on Nikon. homour
Post by: Leonardo Barreto on December 08, 2008, 05:33:28 pm
Ok, ok, but can someone explain it to me? Adolf works for Nikon? is he a photographer, he woks for Sony? didn't get it. The idea is that the D3x is too expensive at $8k?


Title: Hitler on Nikon. homour
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 08, 2008, 05:48:17 pm
Quote from: Leonardo Barreto
The idea is that the D3x is too expensive at $8k?
Yes. It doesn't repay over-analysis.

There are two particularly good versions (for us Brits) which have Gordon Brown ranting after losing the Glasgow East by-election and a Times sub-editor terrified of Giles Coren.

Jeremy
Title: Hitler on Nikon. homour
Post by: JDClements on December 08, 2008, 06:53:15 pm
Quote from: Czornyj
It's not so funny, when you understand German...

I laughed out loud, but afterward I thought the same thing... if you can understand what they are actually saying, it wouldn't work too well.
Title: Hitler on Nikon. homour
Post by: j-land on December 08, 2008, 10:47:58 pm
It really depends on one's preconceptions - I didn't find it all that funny.

This, on the other hand, is a much better demonstration of parody, even if you do understand German:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiOIw3cP-kQ...feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiOIw3cP-kQ&feature=related)

(WARNING: contains blood and guts)
Title: Hitler on Nikon. homour
Post by: jjj on December 09, 2008, 05:58:24 am
Quote from: Czornyj
It's not so funny, when you understand German...
Turn the sound down!
I know some German but simply tuned it out and was laughing too much at subtitiles to really pay attention.