Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Greg Haag on December 05, 2008, 10:00:16 am
-
I have just installed CS4 and everything appears normal except when I go to print an image. When the print dialog box comes up (where you select paper size, which printer, profile, ect) there is no image just some type of small box where the image should be. I have tried multiple images and get the same result, these same images print with no problem in CS3. If anyone has a suggestion I would really like to hear them.
Thanks,
Greg
-
Please post the following information:
- Which operating system and which version of the OS are you using?
- A screenshot of the Print box in CS4 showing the problem.
-
[attachment=10137:Picture_1.jpg]
Please post the following information:
- Which operating system and which version of the OS are you using?
- A screenshot of the Print box in CS4 showing the problem.
Eric,
Thanks for taking the time. My operating system is Mac 10.5.5, processor 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, Memory 16 GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM. The 2 printers I use are Canon i9900 and Epson 9880. Hopefully, my screen shot is successfully attached.
Thanks again,
Greg
-
Hmm ... what happens if you uncheck the Match Print Colors box?
-
Hmm ... what happens if you uncheck the Match Print Colors box?
The dialog box says your scale is at 0%. Not much of an image to show if that's true.
-
The image height is .174 inches and the width is .111 inches @ 0 PPI
It seems the image is too small for any preview on a 11 x 8.5 shet of paper.
-
The image height is .174 inches and the width is .111 inches @ 0 PPI
It seems the image is too small for any preview on a 11 x 8.5 shet of paper.
Here is a new screen shot with an image sized at 7x5 @300dpi, also with the match print colors unchecked. Any thought would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again,
Greg
[attachment=10142:Picture_3.png]
-
Here is a new screen shot with an image sized at 7x5 @300dpi, also with the match print colors unchecked. Any thought would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again,
Greg
Change scale to 100%.
-
[attachment=10149:Picture_4.png]
Change scale to 100%.
DYP,
Screen shot with scale changed to 100%
Thanks,
Greg
-
Greg - did you try Eric's advice an uncheck "Match Print Colors" ?
-
Greg - did you try Eric's advice an uncheck "Match Print Colors" ?
Have you tried checking the "Scale to fit Media" checkbox... looks like you have data entered but the scale hasn't been activated.
-
Ok, in case someone is encountering the same problem here is what I have found out so far. I uninstalled CS4 and reinstalled it, pulled up an image to print and it worked. Next I copied my actions, brushes and plug-ins over, opened up cs4 and it would not work. Then I removed all of the Plug-ins that had been copied over from cs3 restarted cs4 and it worked. Now what I will be doing next is copying my plug-ins over 1 by 1 and see if I can isolate the problem. Thanks for everyones help.
Greg
-
OK, I can tell you what your problem is. You *cannot* just copy over your plug-ins. They must be formally uninstalled from CS3 and reinstalled in CS4, or you get problems like this. This is a "gotcha" that has bitten a number of people here, including myself. There's some fine print somewhere in the Adobe web site help stuff that mentions this.
Lisa