Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: gunnar on December 03, 2008, 09:16:41 am
-
Hello,
I am a new member to the forum but I have followed the articles with huge interest. It is a great help in finding opinions in the ¨digital dschungel¨.
I am trying to find out something about the H3d2 22 as i have been offered a ¨new¨ original packed model for a great price.
Its strange I have been searching the internet and there seems to be no user inforamtion available . It s seems nobody ever bought on of these cameras
(the H3d2 22).
As this would be my first step into the digital world after using for many years until now the hasselblad V system with color neg. I would be interested
how this model compares to its ¨brothers ( sisters )¨the H3D2 39 or 31? Are there apart from file size really such big visual differences ?
Thank you for your help and best regards from Barcelona
Gunnar
-
as far as I know, they are the same except for files size as the 39. the 22mp chips were discontinued slightly after the release, thus not to many have shipped I think. much like the leaf AFi-5 - there were some real good deals on those, but when they're gone, thats it!
-
Hello,
I am a new member to the forum but I have followed the articles with huge interest. It is a great help in finding opinions in the ¨digital dschungel¨.
I am trying to find out something about the H3d2 22 as i have been offered a ¨new¨ original packed model for a great price.
Its strange I have been searching the internet and there seems to be no user inforamtion available . It s seems nobody ever bought on of these cameras
(the H3d2 22).
As this would be my first step into the digital world after using for many years until now the hasselblad V system with color neg. I would be interested
how this model compares to its ¨brothers ( sisters )¨the H3D2 39 or 31? Are there apart from file size really such big visual differences ?
Thank you for your help and best regards from Barcelona
Gunnar
It is a great camera!
look at this homepage all 22 pix H3D-II www.madsmogensen.com
-
It is a great camera!
look at this homepage all 22 pix H3D-II www.madsmogensen.com
thank you booth for your reply!
great website!
I like the idea that the 22 pix H3D-II has smaller files but still the great MF quality.
I do a lot of reportage pictures and I often return with 60 rolls of film. If I imagine all the pictures as digital files in 39 pix I would need a lot of memory.
The only doubt I have about the less pixels is that I also do lage printing ( max . 1m x 1,20m ) and I am not sure if I can get there with the 22MP MF Camera!?
Best regards
gunnar
-
thank you booth for your reply!
great website!
I like the idea that the 22 pix H3D-II has smaller files but still the great MF quality.
I do a lot of reportage pictures and I often return with 60 rolls of film. If I imagine all the pictures as digital files in 39 pix I would need a lot of memory.
The only doubt I have about the less pixels is that I also do lage printing ( max . 1m x 1,20m ) and I am not sure if I can get there with the 22MP MF Camera!?
Best regards
gunnar
Hi Gunner
The 22 pix H3D-II can also provide you with great results when you do large printing i.e (1x1,20) however, I just tried the H3D-II 39 myself at my local dealer and I can actually see the difference between the two - especially when it comes to resolution and details.
-
22mpix is all that you need
-
I am also interested in the H3dii 22mp.. not least because secondhand you can pick one up for similar money to a 1dsmkiii, D3x etc..
can anyone elucidate on just how superior the files and the latitude bit dpth would be over 35mm 20+MP files ?
I am loathed to buy a DSLR but I am finding that I need to get some sort of 20+ MP camera