Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: rhsu on December 03, 2008, 12:02:12 am
-
Any owners of WRS out there have a problem with the NEW "H mount plate" for their MFDB? I'm having trouble getting the safety catch to lock into the plate release catch. When it does lock in, I can seem to unlock to detached the back from the plate - seems to be stuck. When successful, re-attaching is again an issue! Seems like the grooves of the H-mount plate is NOT shaped correctly.
-
...I take it then that most owners of RS are using MFDB other than Hasselblad H mount?
-
...I take it then that most owners of RS are using MFDB other than Hasselblad H mount?
I've used several WD-S with all available adapters and 3-4 RS bodies with H and AFi adapters with no issues (only used them with Leaf backs)
Yair
-
...I take it then that most owners of RS are using MFDB other than Hasselblad H mount?
I'm using the WRS with a Mamiya mount. The camera mounts fine, but one of the lens locking levers is difficult to position.
Paul
-
Thanks guys.... I have a gut feeling most are using non-Hasselblad MFDB due to external power source! Must admit, you guys made a right choice with sinar, leaft, mamiya and phase!
-
I have a RS at the office with an H mount and have not had any issues with the lock. I will check the shape when I get back to the office. But have not had any issues.
Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
Direct: 305-534-5701 x1 | Cell: 305-394-3196
Capture Integration (http://www.captureintegration.com)
()
-
I have a RS at the office with an H mount and have not had any issues with the lock. I will check the shape when I get back to the office. But have not had any issues.
Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
Direct: 305-534-5701 x1 | Cell: 305-394-3196
Capture Integration (http://www.captureintegration.com)
()
Thanks Lance - as always - to the rescue Now I am going to be indebted to you.
In order to mount the 39mp to the RS plate, you need to apply more than your normal compression between the DB and the plate against each other for the safety latch on the DB to "click" in. Once secured, "unlatching" the the said safety latch is NOT easy as if the DB was on the H3D (as that smooth).
-
Lance,
Henk Brands (Managing director) of Cambo has resolved the issue with me. He is VERY efficient and helpful.
cheers