Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: Henry Goh on November 26, 2008, 10:39:28 pm
-
Are they useful? How do you set WB? Do you set WB first then attach the filters? Any samples of photos you have shot? Thanks.
-
Are they useful? How do you set WB? Do you set WB first then attach the filters? Any samples of photos you have shot? Thanks.
Not personally, although at least one photographer I know uses these a great deal in landscape work with good results. The Singh-Ray blog has some possibly useful entries:
http://singhray.blogspot.com/search/label/...r%20Intensifier (http://singhray.blogspot.com/search/label/LB%20Color%20Intensifier)
Best,
Paul
-
Not personally, although at least one photographer I know uses these a great deal in landscape work with good results. The Singh-Ray blog has some possibly useful entries:
http://singhray.blogspot.com/search/label/...r%20Intensifier (http://singhray.blogspot.com/search/label/LB%20Color%20Intensifier)
Best,
Paul
Thanks Paul.
These filters are pretty steep in price and I was wondering if we can achieve the same effects in post using PS.
-
Thanks Paul.
These filters are pretty steep in price and I was wondering if we can achieve the same effects in post using PS.
A lot depends on whether you want to spend time in back of a camera or in front of a computer.
You might be able to duplicate the "color intensification" in PS, although not the glare/reflection-cutting function of a polarizer. My poor man's version of "color intensification" is a slight tweak of RGB saturation combined with subtle mid-tone contrast adjustment. It's not quite the same but works for me.
Paul
-
Thanks Paul