Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: blansky on November 21, 2008, 12:59:03 pm

Title: CS4 issues
Post by: blansky on November 21, 2008, 12:59:03 pm
I was wondering if anyone had run into a change in the "save for web and devices" portion of CS4 that would cause the picture to come out dark and muddy.

When taking a file from CS3  that I wanted to send over the internet I would go into "save for web" and simply create a jpeg and it would be just like the initial file that was saved as a PSD file.

With CS4 when doing the same thing, it looks fine in the preview window with "use document profile"  but when saved for some reason the file is a lot darker and I'm not sure what I'm missing. In fact in the preview window if I set it to "color monitor" it desaturates and darkens the picture, much like it looks on the finished JPEG when set at "use document profile. I'm confused.
Michael
Title: CS4 issues
Post by: blansky on November 21, 2008, 01:20:10 pm
Ok I think I found it.

Is it because I didn't check the box "convert to sRGB".


I feel like I'm talking to myself.

So what else is new.
Title: CS4 issues
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 21, 2008, 01:36:30 pm
Quote from: blansky
Ok I think I found it.

Is it because I didn't check the box "convert to sRGB".


I feel like I'm talking to myself.

So what else is new.
This is a useful post, Mike. It may well save some of the rest of us from making the same mistake.