Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: mtnmanjc on November 17, 2008, 02:50:46 am

Title: "Square Tower" - Mesa Verde
Post by: mtnmanjc on November 17, 2008, 02:50:46 am
Hey Everyone,

Here is a shot from Mesa Verde:

Square Tower (http://mountain-man-photography.com/wordpress/?p=22)

Comments and Critics are appreciated.



Title: "Square Tower" - Mesa Verde
Post by: Johnny_Johnson on November 18, 2008, 07:11:56 pm
I like it Joel!  That's a completely different perspective than I'm accustomed to seeing.  Did you get special permission to shoot from that location?

Later,
Johnny
Title: "Square Tower" - Mesa Verde
Post by: mtnmanjc on November 19, 2008, 07:52:45 am
Hey Johnny,

Not really special permission, but I found out that the park service offers a "Twilight" tour of Cliff Palace.  It's not very well publicized, and costs more than the standard tour.  What's good, is that the max number of people is 20 and you spend around an hour and a half down in the ruins with a guide.  It was a great learning experience and allowed for many shots of the ruins without people in the shots!

Joel