Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: dwood on November 14, 2008, 10:05:09 am

Title: Can't delete files
Post by: dwood on November 14, 2008, 10:05:09 am
I'm on LR 2.1 and have some files I want to delete but I can't get there. The files in question are located in a smart collection. There are two virtual copies and a TIFF. When I select them, either one at a time or all of them, the 'delete' key on my keyboard (I'm on an iMac) does nothing. If I flag them all as 'rejected', I can't remove them via the 'Delete rejected photos' under the 'Photo' menu. What gives?
Title: Can't delete files
Post by: KSonde on November 14, 2008, 12:02:33 pm
Try deleting the files from their original location in the Library Folders. I think your problem is that you are trying to delete a file directly from a collection. Hope this works for you. -- Kurt
Title: Can't delete files
Post by: dwood on November 14, 2008, 12:03:28 pm
Quote from: KSonde
Try deleting the files from their original location in the Library Folders. I think your problem is that you are trying to delete a file directly from a collection. Hope this works for you. -- Kurt
thanks
Title: Can't delete files
Post by: john beardsworth on November 14, 2008, 01:05:35 pm
Use Alt Ctrl Shift Delete on a PC, and Opt Cmd Shift Backspace on Mac. These keyboard contortions allow you to delete images whether you've selected items via a folder or via a collection.

John
Title: Can't delete files
Post by: KSonde on November 15, 2008, 12:50:33 am
Quote from: johnbeardy
Use Alt Ctrl Shift Delete on a PC, and Opt Cmd Shift Backspace on Mac. These keyboard contortions allow you to delete images whether you've selected items via a folder or via a collection.

John


Thanks for this info John. I hadn't heard about this shortcut before but it will definitely come in handy.

Kurt
Title: Can't delete files
Post by: dwood on November 15, 2008, 06:57:37 am
Quote from: johnbeardy
Use Alt Ctrl Shift Delete on a PC, and Opt Cmd Shift Backspace on Mac. These keyboard contortions allow you to delete images whether you've selected items via a folder or via a collection.

John
Awesome John...thanks.