Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Morris Taub on November 12, 2008, 12:56:50 pm
-
Is that ever gonna happen? Like maybe a module in Lightroom that kinda works like Silver Efex Pro?...I kinda like the ability to ad grain to certain images. I know that's not everyone's cup of tea. Hell, maybe just a drop down menu in the Split Toning area of Develop with ten or fifteen film emulations?...
Just wonderin'...
thanks
M
-
Not a bad idea. I have used exposure 2, very good overall, nothing to stop people adding their own profiles, though the grain aspect cannot be done currently.
On the other hand, I have found, consistently better results just by using the "real thing" ;-) Of course some films are no longer available. But whilst you can emulate the look, even the grain, you don't get the other advantage, esp things like dynamic range, with b&w. But I agree with you, it would be nice to have film presets there.
-
Is that ever gonna happen? Like maybe a module in Lightroom that kinda works like Silver Efex Pro?...I kinda like the ability to ad grain to certain images. I know that's not everyone's cup of tea. Hell, maybe just a drop down menu in the Split Toning area of Develop with ten or fifteen film emulations?...
Just wonderin'...
thanks
M
Couldn't you do this with presets? Either that or DNG profiles.
-
Couldn't you do this with presets? Either that or DNG profiles.
I'm not sure how I'd do that. I mean Lightroom is great for conversions now as is. But applying a film grain that mimicks film as well as maybe the look of say tri-x at 400iso or something like that with its shading etc. That's what Silver Efex Pro offers. I don't like all their simulations, but some are nice. Pixel Genius offers something like that too I think. In Photokit I believe you can add grain to images and the grain isn't uniform, giving it a more natural look. I might be wrong, it may not be photokit.
Right now I'm playing with Silver Efex Pro in Photoshop CS3, it works creating layers over the original image, something Lightroom can't do, yet. Wonder if one day we'll see a complete module from Pixel Genius offering a host of pp capabilities. Opening that avenue would make Lightroom more fully featured, at least for me.
-
I'm thinking of this photoshop method but applied as a watermark. I wonder if that would work.
http://www.prime-junta.net/pont/How_to/100...lms.html?page=8 (http://www.prime-junta.net/pont/How_to/100_Curves_and_Films/_Curves_and_films.html?page=8)
-
LR does not yet have a grain tool.
-
I'm not sure how I'd do that. I mean Lightroom is great for conversions now as is. But applying a film grain that mimicks film as well as maybe the look of say tri-x at 400iso or something like that with its shading etc. That's what Silver Efex Pro offers. I don't like all their simulations, but some are nice. Pixel Genius offers something like that too I think. In Photokit I believe you can add grain to images and the grain isn't uniform, giving it a more natural look. I might be wrong, it may not be photokit.
Right now I'm playing with Silver Efex Pro in Photoshop CS3, it works creating layers over the original image, something Lightroom can't do, yet. Wonder if one day we'll see a complete module from Pixel Genius offering a host of pp capabilities. Opening that avenue would make Lightroom more fully featured, at least for me.
This action is indeed available in Photokit Color 2 - numerous film effects available