Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: larkis on November 08, 2008, 04:45:42 pm
-
I'm considering buying a D700 as a companion for my 4x5 kit when out shooting landscapes and nature detail. I'm used to the ability of my 4x5 film to do long exposures if need be (subjects like moving water at dusk). How well does the D700 handle long exposures at it's lowest ISO ?
Does anyone have samples from either the D700 or D3 ?
-
I don't know how long you are talking but I've done 4min exposures with my D700 @ 200 and noise is a total non-issue if that helps (this was the long exposure nr on). I've not yet needed to do longer but can't imagine it will ever be a problem until very seriously long exposures.
In a large print you are far more likley to reach the limit of the 12MP than noise (assuming you don't stitch)