Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: bellimages on November 07, 2008, 09:30:58 am
-
I have narrowed my choice of monitor to one of these two. The 2690WUXi2 is a new generation product. The 3090WQXi is not. I'm leaning to a 30" screen, but will not get the new color gamet offered by the new 2690. Is that a big deal?
-
I have narrowed my choice of monitor to one of these two. The 2690WUXi2 is a new generation product. The 3090WQXi is not. I'm leaning to a 30" screen, but will not get the new color gamet offered by the new 2690. Is that a big deal?
Actually the LCD2690WUXi2 has a color gamut that is essentially the same as the LCD3090WQXi. One of the changes made with the LCD2690WUXi2 over the LCD2690WUXi was to improve the color gamut - mainly in the blue.
-
Actually the LCD2690WUXi2 has a color gamut that is essentially the same as the LCD3090WQXi. One of the changes made with the LCD2690WUXi2 over the LCD2690WUXi was to improve the color gamut - mainly in the blue.
I have a small question - according to Andrew Rodney's information, in case of 2690WUXi rev. 1 calibration to at least ~160cd/m^2 was recommended. Is it also optimum luminance level in case of 2690WUXi rev. 2, or is it also possible to work at lower luminance setting without any potential drawback? I've noticed, that the new 2690WUXi2 has lower maximum brightness...