Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: amcinroy on November 04, 2008, 09:21:31 am

Title: The Caves of Rathlin Island
Post by: amcinroy on November 04, 2008, 09:21:31 am
Some of you might be aware of my project to photograph the Atlantic sea caves on the Antrim Coast of Ireland.

Last month I took a trip to Rathlin Island to bring my project to an end. Here are the 3 images that I came back with.

This first cave has never been photographed from its interior. I have been able to link it to a story told in Rathlin about the Children of Lir. These were children turned into swans by their wicked stepmother, Aoife, and cast upon the Sea of Moyle for 300 years. This is the cave that was said to shelter them.

(http://www.andymcinroy.com/images/ir397.jpg)

(http://www.andymcinroy.com/images/5port33.jpg)

(http://www.andymcinroy.com/images/5port32.jpg)

You can see the complete project on my webpage.
Title: The Caves of Rathlin Island
Post by: Snook on December 09, 2008, 09:51:54 am
Quote from: amcinroy
Some of you might be aware of my project to photograph the Atlantic sea caves on the Antrim Coast of Ireland.

Last month I took a trip to Rathlin Island to bring my project to an end. Here are the 3 images that I came back with.

This first cave has never been photographed from its interior. I have been able to link it to a story told in Rathlin about the Children of Lir. These were children turned into swans by their wicked stepmother, Aoife, and cast upon the Sea of Moyle for 300 years. This is the cave that was said to shelter them.

Title: The Caves of Rathlin Island
Post by: Tim Gray on December 09, 2008, 05:37:27 pm
For some reason I'm thinking "naked cave"  
Title: The Caves of Rathlin Island
Post by: JDClements on December 09, 2008, 07:33:26 pm
I am glad this post bubbled to the top because I missed it first time around. Nice cave shots, especially number one and two.