Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: marc gerritsen on November 03, 2008, 09:17:36 pm

Title: how to post an image
Post by: marc gerritsen on November 03, 2008, 09:17:36 pm
asked this before without clear result so....
been away for 4 weeks and would love to show some photos but the old way to insert images
is gone, seems like I have to upload images to a website and then insert the url is that correct?
Seems like there are 2 ways of inserting images
- pasted in the message
- in a black box to be opened in another window

what to do?

thanks
marc

Title: how to post an image
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 03, 2008, 10:00:38 pm
I just tried the two methods that appear when I choose to reply to your message:

First, I went to the "Choose" box (below to the right of the message text box), clicked "choose", selected a jpeg from my PC, and clicked "Upload". I then clicked the pull-down menu by "Manage Current Attachments", and clicked on the image name (which was displayed). That attachment then showed up in my message, here:

[attachment=9439:Chaco1.jpg]

Second, I tried the other method: From the little icons above the message box, I clicked on one that is identified as "Insert Image", and inserted the URL of an image that is already on my website. Here is what I get.

(http://www.myrvaagnes.com/Albums/Album10/Large/060401_0435_Tuscany_CRW_0018RSPbCW.jpg)

Now I will just click on "Preview Post" to see what these look like.

By golly, it seems to work (the large black bars on the left and right of the second image are part of the jpeg; required by the program I used to build my website to prevent it from cropping my image).

I hope this helps.

Eric
Title: how to post an image
Post by: Wayne Fox on November 04, 2008, 01:30:11 am
Quote from: marc gerritsen
asked this before without clear result so....
been away for 4 weeks and would love to show some photos but the old way to insert images
is gone, seems like I have to upload images to a website and then insert the url is that correct?
Seems like there are 2 ways of inserting images
- pasted in the message
- in a black box to be opened in another window

what to do?

thanks
marc

 I had this problem as well, but it was resolved by clearing my browsers cache.