Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: roskav on November 03, 2008, 04:24:48 am

Title: Pocket wizards and Nikon D700
Post by: roskav on November 03, 2008, 04:24:48 am
Hi there I'm having trouble with linking the Multi Max pocket wizard with my D700 .. it just won't trigger the shutter.  Works on the D3 no problem and my nikon cable release works fine also on the D700.  Has anyone heard of this?  I went into my local shop and the D700 they had on the shelf wouldn't work either.  Any clues?

Thanks!

Ros


Title: Pocket wizards and Nikon D700
Post by: roskav on November 03, 2008, 07:47:44 am
Just bumping this to the top of the list as I have to do a job with this tonight.  If anyone has not tried PW's yet with their D700 I would really appreciate knowing if this is a universal problem or just a faulty batch of cameras.  Thanks!

Ros


Title: Pocket wizards and Nikon D700
Post by: Larry Berman on November 03, 2008, 08:00:59 am
I have Pocket Wizards Plus II and I just connected one to an SB800. It fired perfectly in sync with my D700 with a Pocket Wizard in the hot shoe.

Larry Berman
Title: Pocket wizards and Nikon D700
Post by: roskav on November 03, 2008, 08:09:11 am
Thanks larry.  Have you tried to remotely release the shutter with a sync cable to the 10 pin port. (ie PW not on the hot shoe)  Still having trouble here.


Ros

Title: Pocket wizards and Nikon D700
Post by: Larry Berman on November 03, 2008, 08:12:33 am
I thought you'd ask about that so I tried using the Pocket Wizard as a cable release also and it works fine.

Larry Berman
Title: Pocket wizards and Nikon D700
Post by: roskav on November 03, 2008, 08:18:18 am
Darn that's a bad batch then .... thanks a million for trying that out for me.  (will have a look a the cable also even though it's fine on the D3)

Really appreciate it

Ros