Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: scubastu on October 30, 2008, 05:13:39 pm

Title: Vista 64 and HP APS
Post by: scubastu on October 30, 2008, 05:13:39 pm
Hi,

I'm upgrading to a Quad Core 8GB machine running Vista 64, given the talk of compatibility issues, is the APS for my Z3100 44 ps compatible with Vista 64?  I found device drivers for the Z3100 but nothing turns up for APS.

thanks!

Stu
Title: Vista 64 and HP APS
Post by: scubastu on October 31, 2008, 07:30:51 pm
Just installed it, works so far.
Title: Vista 64 and HP APS
Post by: Miles on October 31, 2008, 08:18:37 pm
Quote from: scubastu
Just installed it, works so far.

As a tag along on this, I just did the same upgrade with a non APS Z3100.  Can anyone advise how I get the HP Printer Utility on Vista 64.  It didn't load with the software and I don't see a seperate download file for it?
Title: Vista 64 and HP APS
Post by: scubastu on November 03, 2008, 10:56:41 am
I just downloaded it from the HP website.  Just go to the Z3100 downloads and it's there, just installed it and it works fine.

s.
Title: Vista 64 and HP APS
Post by: Miles on November 04, 2008, 07:21:56 pm
Quote from: scubastu
I just downloaded it from the HP website.  Just go to the Z3100 downloads and it's there, just installed it and it works fine.

s.
Thanks.  I just downloaded it and everything works OK.  They had me fooled as it mentions it is for a T??? printer in the title, not a z3100, even though it is on the z3100 page.  
Title: Vista 64 and HP APS
Post by: neil snape on November 05, 2008, 02:09:52 am
Quote from: Miles
Thanks.  I just downloaded it and everything works OK.  They had me fooled as it mentions it is for a T??? printer in the title, not a z3100, even though it is on the z3100 page.
Was it Troja?
That was the internal name noted by some users when found for parts listings etc, which has shown up on ink names, drivers and other things , usually unintentionally. Sometimes if you can write to HP or on this forum and it could be fixed.
Title: Vista 64 and HP APS
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on November 05, 2008, 04:18:39 am
Quote from: neil snape
Was it Troja?
That was the internal name noted by some users when found for parts listings etc, which has shown up on ink names, drivers and other things , usually unintentionally. Sometimes if you can write to HP or on this forum and it could be fixed.


Internally my Z3100 is appropriately called Hydra, the many-headed monster. Out of curiosity my youngest son had a look at its embedded Unix version. Unlike Hercules he didn't kill it.


Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/)