Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: dhlewis on October 22, 2008, 07:30:33 pm

Title: Adobe LR 2.1 (the real one)
Post by: dhlewis on October 22, 2008, 07:30:33 pm
is available for download from the Adobe Site. On my windows machine it appears to be snappier than the pre 2.1



Title: Adobe LR 2.1 (the real one)
Post by: Josh-H on October 22, 2008, 08:55:54 pm
Quote from: dhlewis
is available for download from the Adobe Site. On my windows machine it appears to be snappier than the pre 2.1


Sccchwwwweeeeeet  

Smooth install on the mac for me - seems to run a shade faster.
Title: Adobe LR 2.1 (the real one)
Post by: DaHen on October 22, 2008, 10:26:27 pm

Thanks,

 Got mine.

 
Title: Adobe LR 2.1 (the real one)
Post by: jjj on October 22, 2008, 10:29:00 pm
I wonder how it will cope with my library.  One catalogue, not including the image files, is currently 187G in size!
1TB drives seems too small already.
Title: Adobe LR 2.1 (the real one)
Post by: wolfnowl on October 23, 2008, 12:03:43 am
Windows: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4072 (http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4072)
       Mac: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4071 (http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4071)

Mike.
Title: Adobe LR 2.1 (the real one)
Post by: James DeMoss on October 28, 2008, 05:55:42 pm
LR 2.1 is evolving gracefully on my PC. Everything thing I threw at it and it is just plain lightning fast on my quad PC, Vista and Terra byte Raid system. For me the very best thing is that I seem to move further and further away from Photoshop to create some just outstanding images and color correction are simple tweaks to my tastes. Don't get me wrong I believe the Adobe truly meant for this product to work in concert with Photoshop. The best $$ I have ever spent. Great job for the team and the valuable input from the vast beta reaerchers , like all of us

_

James