Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: geesbert on October 20, 2008, 08:27:54 am
-
Should the Leaf AFI ork with the Rollei Close-up Tube ET 17? mine doesn't. i can take an exposure, but the f-stop is greyed aout and doesn't seem to work.
-
Should the Leaf AFI ork with the Rollei Close-up Tube ET 17? mine doesn't. i can take an exposure, but the f-stop is greyed aout and doesn't seem to work.
I'm assuming that you are referring to the aperture control in Leaf Capture?
Which lens are you working with? To which mode (A, S or M) is the body set?
If it is a manual or an AF lens (not AFD) then you need to make sure that the aperture ring is set to "A"
If this persists, please contact your dealer so they can follow it up.
BR
Yair
-
I'm not sure about this but someone once told me that the earlier tubes didn't have full support for the latest lenses, and had to be updated. How old are the tubes? This might be totally irrelevant (or inaccurate) but you could try googling it anyway and see.
-
After playing around with it a bit more, I found out that twisting the lens a bit in its mount makes a contact. seems that some of the contact pins are either worn out or bent. thanks for you help!
Stefan
edit: AF doesn't work. this thing is going back to its seller...
-
After palying around with it a bit more, I found out that twisting the lens a bit in its mount makes a contact. seems that some of the contact pins are either worn out or bent. thanks for you help!
Stefan
As confirmation, I have an ET-9 tube, and all functions including AF, stop-down, and exposures all work fine.
-Brad
-
I'm not sure about this but someone once told me that the earlier tubes didn't have full support for the latest lenses, and had to be updated. How old are the tubes? This might be totally irrelevant (or inaccurate) but you could try googling it anyway and see.
i think, the non HFT lenses will have this effect ...
-
i think, the non HFT lenses will have this effect ...
I'm not 100% sure, but I recall lenses have been HFT-coated since the original SLX days.
Perhaps you meant to write PQ and PQS?
-
upon closer inspection i found out, that the little plastic cover plate for the contacts that is held down by two screws was tightened too much and broke. Braunschweig is sending me a spare...
Stefan
-
I'm not 100% sure, but I recall lenses have been HFT-coated since the original SLX days.
Perhaps you meant to write PQ and PQS?
oh , sorry , yes non PQ / PQS ...