Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: juiceboy99 on October 15, 2008, 11:41:39 am

Title: P25 RAW files in LIGHTROOM 2.0 ??
Post by: juiceboy99 on October 15, 2008, 11:41:39 am
I am shooting with a P25 Phase One Back and normally use C1 PRO 3.7.9.
but am considering using LightRoom 2.0 for RAW developing and workflow.....

Does anyone have any knowledge about using Phase files in LightRoom 2.0 ??

thanks for any advice !


cheers,     N
Title: P25 RAW files in LIGHTROOM 2.0 ??
Post by: erick.boileau on October 15, 2008, 11:58:19 am
I am using P45 files with lightroom 2 and it works with small adjustments
Title: P25 RAW files in LIGHTROOM 2.0 ??
Post by: juiceboy99 on October 15, 2008, 01:10:04 pm
thanks !    yeah,      i could imagine Phase One not giving Adobe all the data on their RAW files
to make more people buy C1 PRO.

Title: P25 RAW files in LIGHTROOM 2.0 ??
Post by: amsp on October 15, 2008, 06:19:06 pm
It works great and results look gorgeous, just make sure to calibrate it like others have pointed out. Lightroom/ACR has far better controls and some nifty functions missing from C1, so in the hands of someone creative and skilled the end result will be much better with LR/ACR.

Title: P25 RAW files in LIGHTROOM 2.0 ??
Post by: Boris_Epix on October 15, 2008, 06:24:22 pm
I really like Lightroom but often it just appears to look artificial or "digital" in a bad sense. I'm surprised by the kind words about the quality of LR.
Title: P25 RAW files in LIGHTROOM 2.0 ??
Post by: amsp on October 15, 2008, 06:44:11 pm
Quote from: Boris_Epix
I really like Lightroom but often it just appears to look artificial or "digital" in a bad sense. I'm surprised by the kind words about the quality of LR.
Sorry, but that's bullshit. A "digital look" has nothing to with which program you are using, but rather HOW you use it. Same with different brands of backs. It's all digital, so no software is going to be more or less adept at getting "film-like" results.