Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Morris Taub on October 12, 2008, 11:48:59 am
-
Seems like each time I import photos from disk I get keywords attached to them that I didn't specify. At the bottom of the import dialog panel there's a Keywords: box...sometimes I enter keywords and they do register/attach to the images but also about eight keywords from photos I imported back in April or May get recorded. Sometimes I just leave the keywords box empty and these same old keywords appear.
They are keywords I used when I first imported test images last April or May when I was using the trial offer of Lightroom 1.5 I think it was. I was using the extended trial and then I bought and upgraded to Lightroom 2.
Any advice on how to clear these keywords? I was thinking to trash my preferences but wasn't sure that would do anything.
Thanks
M
-
Sounds like those keywords stored in your metadata presets.
Go through your preset(s) and verify everything in all the fields. Use the checkboxes to enable/disable fields, or just clear out the data.
-
Any chance they're actually in the metadata preset?
Hi Nat...I checked my preset first thing and the keywords box is empty...nonetheless, I created a new 2008 copyright preset and bang, no more keywords appearing from the mist...perhaps the first preset was corrupt?...I've no clue, but this solved my problem so thanks for the gentle push in the general direction...
kind regards...
M
-
M-
I'm glad to hear that making the new preset fixed the problem! I apologize if my reply was abrupt; I should know better than to reply when I'm in a hurry...
Hmmm.... no keywords in the presets though? It's still a mystery... I wonder if at some point the preference was enabled to store your presets in the catalog. I would imagine that would make things more complicated when Lightroom starts behaving strangely with regard to import presets. Which raises another question, I don't know how a preset in the database would play with "regular" presets, especially if they have the same names?
-
Hi
Thanks a lot for this Q and A. I've had the exact same problem for some time, no keywords entered - but they kept appearing every time I imported new pictures, I've searched all over for an answer and now you finally solved the problem. Just did an update of my Metadata presets and all keywords are gone.
Very much appreciated
ES