Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: A.K. on October 09, 2008, 02:25:15 pm

Title: ImageBank from 528c on a 132c?
Post by: A.K. on October 09, 2008, 02:25:15 pm
Hello,
Does anybody know, is it possible to use an ImageBank, which was previously used on 528c, on a 132c back? Is it necessary to reformat the drive and how is this done? Or does it work out of the box?
Title: ImageBank from 528c on a 132c?
Post by: jimgolden on October 09, 2008, 02:34:17 pm
Quote from: A.K.
Hello,
Does anybody know, is it possible to use an ImageBank, which was previously used on 528c, on a 132c back? Is it necessary to reformat the drive and how is this done? Or does it work out of the box?

they're essentially the same back, so why not? the 528 functions in single shot mode as well. you should try posting to the hassy board for a definitive answer - http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/ (http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/)
Title: ImageBank from 528c on a 132c?
Post by: Nick-T on October 09, 2008, 02:42:55 pm
Quote from: jimgolden
they're essentially the same back, so why not? the 528 functions in single shot mode as well. you should try posting to the hassy board for a definitive answer - http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/ (http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/)

No Need to reformat, files are the same size.

Nick-T
Title: ImageBank from 528c on a 132c?
Post by: A.K. on October 09, 2008, 04:04:50 pm
Thank you
Title: ImageBank from 528c on a 132c?
Post by: shutay on October 10, 2008, 10:24:40 am
Andrey, just curious - how is it you have a 528c ImageBank with a 132c back?
Title: ImageBank from 528c on a 132c?
Post by: A.K. on October 10, 2008, 03:37:11 pm
Quote from: shutay
Andrey, just curious - how is it you have a 528c ImageBank with a 132c back?

I have a 132 back; my imagebank's firewire socket got fried because of the improperly connected cables inside my PC (the vendor has somehow connected FireWire cables to the USB controller!), I have an offer for the new unit, but it was previously used with 528.
Title: ImageBank from 528c on a 132c?
Post by: shutay on October 11, 2008, 09:05:36 am
Oh no... Sorry to hear that. That's a real shame.
Title: ImageBank from 528c on a 132c?
Post by: Dustbak on October 11, 2008, 11:43:59 am
I can be mistaken but I believed there is no difference between the imagebanks. You have 2 type, type I (older and larger used with the 96, 384, 132 &528) en the newer version type II (smaller and can be used with the newer backs like the CF22/CF39 and the H3 series).

I can be mistaken as I said so maybe one of the people that know this for sure can drop in?
Title: ImageBank from 528c on a 132c?
Post by: BobDavid on October 11, 2008, 01:22:22 pm
Quote from: Dustbak
I can be mistaken but I believed there is no difference between the imagebanks. You have 2 type, type I (older and larger used with the 96, 384, 132 &528) en the newer version type II (smaller and can be used with the newer backs like the CF22/CF39 and the H3 series).

I can be mistaken as I said so maybe one of the people that know this for sure can drop in?


You are correct. There is the old Image Bank, which is a 40 gig hard drive. The newer one is smaller and its got more capacity. The older Image Bank is used with the 96, 384, 132, and 528.
Title: ImageBank from 528c on a 132c?
Post by: shutay on October 12, 2008, 07:36:58 am
It is also worth noting that the original ImageBank and the new ImageBank II apart from difference in size and capacity, they do not have the same connector/cables.

The original Ixpress ImageBank uses a round 6-pin connector (it is purportedly a Gigabit Ethernet interface), whereas the new ImageBank II uses Firewire 800, and thus also provides power for the newer H3D backs. They both use Sony InfoLithium L type batteries.
Title: ImageBank from 528c on a 132c?
Post by: A.K. on October 12, 2008, 12:05:43 pm
Well, in this case, everything should work. Thank you