Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: picnic on October 09, 2008, 01:01:03 pm

Title: making new LR camera profile default
Post by: picnic on October 09, 2008, 01:01:03 pm
I've searched in this forum and found nothing though I was fairly sure I've read 'how' somewhere.  Other than setting the default profile to a preset, etc. (I'm reading Evening's book as I write this), is there another way to just have the Canon 5D neutral profile, for instance, set as my default camera profile for all shots with that particular camera.

I've looked elsewhere and the solution that was given doesn't appear to work for me.  On a PC/Win XP Pro--to change the preference for presets to default for specific camera serial number.  Then--choose an image, choose the profile, hit 'alt' for dialog and choose update to current settings.  It doesn't work for me---I tried using this, closing and reopening--to no avail.

Diane
Title: making new LR camera profile default
Post by: francois on October 09, 2008, 01:04:20 pm
Quote from: picnic
I've searched in this forum and found nothing though I was fairly sure I've read 'how' somewhere.  Other than setting the default profile to a preset, etc. (I'm reading Evening's book as I write this), is there another way to just have the Canon 5D neutral profile, for instance, set as my default camera profile for all shots with that particular camera.

Diane
You only need to set a new Default setting. Read Ian Lyons's article: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr_camera...ra-defaults.htm (http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr_camera/camera-defaults.htm)
Title: making new LR camera profile default
Post by: madmanchan on October 09, 2008, 01:21:10 pm
The DNG Profiles FAQ also addresses this:

http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/DNG_P...efaultProfileCR (http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/DNG_Profiles_FAQ#SetDefaultProfileCR)

http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/DNG_P...efaultProfileLR (http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/DNG_Profiles_FAQ#SetDefaultProfileLR)
Title: making new LR camera profile default
Post by: picnic on October 09, 2008, 01:36:11 pm
Quote from: francois
You only need to set a new Default setting. Read Ian Lyons's article: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr_camera...ra-defaults.htm (http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr_camera/camera-defaults.htm)

Ah, what I was missing was hitting the reset button for the current files.  Thanks.  So--I'm assuming that from this point that any uploaded files will automatically open with the neutral profile.  I also made presets for all the profiles so I can easily change them plus see the change in the navigator window without opening the calibration panel.  

diane
Title: making new LR camera profile default
Post by: francois on October 09, 2008, 02:28:32 pm
Quote from: picnic
Ah, what I was missing was hitting the reset button for the current files.  Thanks.  So--I'm assuming that from this point that any uploaded files will automatically open with the neutral profile.  I also made presets for all the profiles so I can easily change them plus see the change in the navigator window without opening the calibration panel.  

diane
Diane,
Yes, this is correct. Every newly imported file will have your new default setting (neutral profile). Using presets to change camera profiles is the easiest & quickest way.