Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: peterpix on October 08, 2008, 11:19:35 am

Title: Photo CD
Post by: peterpix on October 08, 2008, 11:19:35 am
Just opened a Photo Cd that I last used used 6-7 years ago and all the images appeared as Graphic Calculator icons, not opened with Photoshop. What  am I doing wrong?  What have i forgotten about Photo CD?
Thanks for suggestions!

Peter
Title: Photo CD
Post by: wolfnowl on October 08, 2008, 11:56:16 am
Are you using Windows or Mac?  With Windows, the computer knows what to do with a file based on its extension, and since .pcd files haven't been in common use for a long time, it may be that your computer has associated the extension with another program.  I keep an old copy of Corel Photopaint on my computer because it allows me to open .pcd files.

Mike.
Title: Photo CD
Post by: jerryrock on October 08, 2008, 04:19:53 pm
Photoshop CS3 stopped supporting Kodak photo cd files on intel based Macs. The plug-in is still there in the "goodies folder" but it will only run under the Rosetta emulator.

I use iPhoto to open the photo cd files and save them as Tiffs.


Title: Photo CD
Post by: peterpix on October 08, 2008, 08:04:16 pm
Quote from: jerryrock
Photoshop CS3 stopped supporting Kodak photo cd files on intel based Macs. The plug-in is still there in the "goodies folder" but it will only run under the Rosetta emulator.

I use iPhoto to open the photo cd files and save them as Tiffs.


Thanks, Jerry, I'll try that.

Peter