Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: larsrc on September 29, 2008, 11:26:20 am

Title: Place to arrange photo trips?
Post by: larsrc on September 29, 2008, 11:26:20 am
Since I have a week in Detroit and the fall colors are just around the corner (unfortunately, not fully there yet), I'm hoping to find someone to go out to interesting nature places in the area with. Anybody interested, especially who knows the area?

In general, is there a clearingplace of making photo trips in places around the world, sorta equivalent to the globalfreeloaders.com site where you can arrange to get crash space?

Thanks,
-Lars
Title: Place to arrange photo trips?
Post by: JJP on September 29, 2008, 04:06:06 pm
Now's the time to take a drive to Sault Ste Marie, Michigan & cross over the bridge to Sault Ste Marie, Ontario and board the ACR (Algoma Central Railway) one day trip to watch fall colours,  
http://www.agawacanyontourtrain.com/conten...tour/index.html (http://www.agawacanyontourtrain.com/content/tours/canyontour/index.html)
jj
Title: Place to arrange photo trips?
Post by: larsrc on October 01, 2008, 06:24:28 pm
Quote
Now's the time to take a drive to Sault Ste Marie, Michigan & cross over the bridge to Sault Ste Marie, Ontario and board the ACR (Algoma Central Railway) one day trip to watch fall colours, 
http://www.agawacanyontourtrain.com/conten...tour/index.html (http://www.agawacanyontourtrain.com/content/tours/canyontour/index.html)
jj
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=225604\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the tip, it looks like a gorgeous place, but I unfortunately cannot cut an entire day out of my schedule. I was more looking for something within an hour or two of Detroit. Or maybe I should just go inside the original Ford T building to commemorate:)

-Lars
Title: Place to arrange photo trips?
Post by: kaelaria on October 01, 2008, 10:08:54 pm
An hour or two?  Doesn't get you very far from downtown.  I'd get on Grand River towards Lansing.