Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: pixjohn on September 23, 2008, 08:06:51 pm

Title: Afi Focus bracketing
Post by: pixjohn on September 23, 2008, 08:06:51 pm
Anyone use the focusing  bracketing successfully with the Afi camera?  I just did a shot with a Leaf Aptus 75 and H2 and changed the focus manually. Now I am trying to piece it together in Photoshop. As you know when you change focus you also change the crop. Does the software correct the adjustments in post automatically? Does it work with people in the shots?

John
Title: Afi Focus bracketing
Post by: pixjohn on September 27, 2008, 12:55:43 pm
.
Title: Afi Focus bracketing
Post by: Graham Mitchell on September 27, 2008, 01:20:49 pm
Photoshop CS4 will do this automatically, I believe. Until then you could try Helicon Focus.

It's also possible manually, but might be a headache depending on subject.
Title: Afi Focus bracketing
Post by: bradleygibson on September 27, 2008, 03:24:18 pm
Quote
Anyone use the focusing  bracketing successfully with the Afi camera?  I just did a shot with a Leaf Aptus 75 and H2 and changed the focus manually. Now I am trying to piece it together in Photoshop. As you know when you change focus you also change the crop. Does the software correct the adjustments in post automatically? Does it work with people in the shots?

John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=223768\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Haven't tried it, but I will over the next week and let you know if I find out anything interesting.

-Brad