Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Theodore on September 23, 2008, 06:12:01 pm

Title: Leopard #1
Post by: Theodore on September 23, 2008, 06:12:01 pm
What a beautiful photograph - unique and striking.
Title: Leopard #1
Post by: Pete Ferling on September 23, 2008, 08:05:51 pm
Quote
What a beautiful photograph - unique and striking.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=223735\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

At first glance I didn't notice the leopard.  With those patterns, I'd like to see that in black and white.
Title: Leopard #1
Post by: michael on September 23, 2008, 09:24:15 pm
Quote
At first glance I didn't notice the leopard.  With those patterns, I'd like to see that in black and white.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=223767\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's what the Impala said before it was eaten.

Michael
Title: Leopard #1
Post by: BernardLanguillier on September 23, 2008, 09:34:16 pm
Quote
That's what the Impala said before it was eaten.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=223785\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Impalas like B&W too.

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Leopard #1
Post by: dchew on September 24, 2008, 07:43:57 pm
I've been fascinated by this photo; beautiful.

I showed it to my wife, and she remembered a photo that Barbara Rowell took (Galen's wife).  It's remarkably similar in concept, especially realizing that it's probably a straight film shot, i.e. no desaturation.

You can see it here, but it's flash, so go to the page and then click on the leopard photo.

http://www.mountainlight.com/gallery.africa/images.html (http://www.mountainlight.com/gallery.africa/images.html)

They are both great photos; nice work Michael.

Dave Chew