Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: dstein575 on September 22, 2008, 09:02:57 am

Title: HCD 4/28mm lens and Polarizing filter
Post by: dstein575 on September 22, 2008, 09:02:57 am
I recently used a 95mm B+W circular polarizing filter on my HCD 4/28 and experienced considerable vignetting at the corners.  Does anyone know of any standard polarizers that will work correctly on this lens?    I've read about people modifying lens caps to accept wider filters, but would rather find a more conventional solution.
Title: HCD 4/28mm lens and Polarizing filter
Post by: j.miller on September 22, 2008, 10:59:06 am
Hasselblad's 95mm Circular Polarizing Filter (Item No. 3053490) works with the HC-D 4/28mm without vignetting. It is a considerably thinner filter ring than standard B+W polarizing filters. It is my understanding the B+W 95mm Extra-Wide (EW) Kaesemann Circular Polarizer Filter (Item No. 65-016529) works as well.

Pricing:
- Hasselblad's 95mm Circular Polarizing Filter (Item No. 3053490) - $359.00
- B+W 95mm Extra-Wide Kaesemann Circular-Pol (Item No. 65-016529) - $325.00

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jordan Miller

Quote
I recently used a 95mm B+W circular polarizing filter on my HCD 4/28 and experienced considerable vignetting at the corners.  Does anyone know of any standard polarizers that will work correctly on this lens?    I've read about people modifying lens caps to accept wider filters, but would rather find a more conventional solution.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=223221\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: HCD 4/28mm lens and Polarizing filter
Post by: MarkKay on September 23, 2008, 01:34:54 am
I bought a hasselblad 95mm UV filter and purchased the Lee push on adapter system.  This allows me to use my routine 105mm polarizer with any variety of ND filters. No vignetting.


Quote
Hasselblad's 95mm Circular Polarizing Filter (Item No. 3053490) works with the HC-D 4/28mm without vignetting. It is a considerably thinner filter ring than standard B+W polarizing filters. It is my understanding the B+W 95mm Extra-Wide (EW) Kaesemann Circular Polarizer Filter (Item No. 65-016529) works as well.

Pricing:
- Hasselblad's 95mm Circular Polarizing Filter (Item No. 3053490) - $359.00
- B+W 95mm Extra-Wide Kaesemann Circular-Pol (Item No. 65-016529) - $325.00

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jordan Miller
DTG (http://www.dtgweb.com)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=223267\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]