Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: laughingbear on September 10, 2008, 07:04:49 am
-
Greetings,
Sorry if that has been asked before.
I wanted to compare print settings and see what the "managed by printer" result would look like.
So in LR2 I "activated managed by printer", but the problem is that afterwards the Color Management Settings from the EPSON 11880 driver are deactivated and I have no access to the relevant page options such as color sync etc.
Any Idea what I am doing wrong?
Thanks a lot!
Best,
Georg
-
OK, here is the reason, if someone else should run into that, problem is that I ran LR2 in 64 bit mode, and the Epson driver can not deal with that.
-
Yes I think you would need a 64-bit Epson driver. Check the Epson site.
-
Yes I think you would need a 64-bit Epson driver. Check the Epson site.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=220546\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi Eric,
I am downloading driver 6.3.1 for Intel OSX, however, they do not say anything about 64 bit, I just will try it and let you folks know whether it works.
Best,
Georg
-
I downloaded the latest driver 6.13.
Now the epson driver menus are accessable, but I can not print anymore, regardless whether I start LR as 64 bit or 32 bit, or try to print from photoshop, nuttin works anymore.
My printer is setup as 192.168.0.1 and connected via a netgear switch, everything worked fine before I installed the latest driver.
The chap from epson told me: system preferences -> printer -> press - to delete the current 11880, then install the latest driver and install the 11880 new.
When I press print, the remote panel shows up, but the netgear switch stays inactive, before that you could see the file being send. After a while the panel just says communication error
Any idea what I can do to solve that?
-
Just an update and the solution:
1. The current driver is not 64 bit according to the chaps from Epson
2. It was my own error, when I added the printer via system preferences, I went to IP right away and entered an IP adress, I was not aware that in the background it will find the printer, so while I assigend the IP adress, the same was used for the printer OSX/Epson found and assigned automatically.
All fine now. Case closed.