Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Stuarte on September 09, 2008, 12:23:31 pm

Title: Getting upgrade while away from Europe
Post by: Stuarte on September 09, 2008, 12:23:31 pm
I live in the UK and bought my LR 1.0 here.  

Next week I'll be in New York and I'm wondering whether to order the Upgrade to LR 2.0 on Amazon for delivery in New York.  The price difference with the UK is enough to make it worth doing, but ONLY if the upgrade actually works.

So my question is, does Adobe have some dastardly way of preventing a US-bought upgrade working on my UK-bought original software?
Title: Getting upgrade while away from Europe
Post by: David Sutton on September 09, 2008, 04:03:59 pm
Not as far as I know. I bought CS3 on the US eBay site and it installed and runs fine. The only issue I can think of is if the installation cd gets damaged. It may be harder to return for a replacement. Have a good trip, David
Title: Getting upgrade while away from Europe
Post by: giles on September 10, 2008, 05:51:58 am
Quote
I live in the UK and bought my LR 1.0 here. 

Next week I'll be in New York and I'm wondering whether to order the Upgrade to LR 2.0 on Amazon for delivery in New York.  The price difference with the UK is enough to make it worth doing, but ONLY if the upgrade actually works.

So my question is, does Adobe have some dastardly way of preventing a US-bought upgrade working on my UK-bought original software?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=220365\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
No promises, but I bought Photoshop CS while working in the USA and CS3 here in Australia, and the only fuss was/is having multiple addresses on record with Adobe.  The upgrade was smooth, and a later reinstallation on a different machine of CS3 accepted both product keys quite happily.  Of course, Photoshop and Lightroom are different products, so who really knows. :-(

Like you I'm pondering what to do about a Lightroom upgrade: now that I'm in Oz Adobe's USA online store won't sell to me, and last time I checked the AUD$ price was ~150% of the USD$ price.  For downloading the same bits from the same servers.

Giles