Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: revaaron on September 08, 2008, 11:07:23 am
-
I know that some people use LR2.0 in their work flow. I'm just looking for the what other people do. Since idk who here is still scanning. What I'm doing is keeping film notes in my PDA phone and then applying them to the scans after I scan them.
using exiftool.exe
exiftool.exe -exif:Make=Rolleicord -exif:model=Rolleicord -exif:FocalLength=75mm -MakerNotes:lenstype=Schneider-KreuznachXenar -MakerNotes:lens=2512673 -exif:iso=400 -exif:CameraSerialNumber=1161747 -MakerNotes:UserComment=Kodak-400 -exif:UserComment="Kodak-400"
once I get the notes system down, I will add:
-exif:fnumber=
-exif:ExposureTime=
-exif:CreateDate=
-
If I understand you correctly, you're asking how film shooters who scan get metadata into the scanned files--the sort of stuff that, if shot digitally, would have been captured by the camera in the EXIF?
Sadly, I do it all by hand. I use Expression Media custom fields for things like film type, EI, developer type and time, etc. I also record the usual stuff like city, state, photographer contact info, just like I would for digital-source images.
-
I would love to put in more EXIF fields... if you are using a PC, MAC, or linux.. I highly recommend what I have done. it tags all your images just like that. no muss no fuss.
there are a TON of exif, makernotes, etc.. that you can layer in there with exiftool.
http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/ (http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/)
Just look here:
http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/TagNames/ (http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/TagNames/)
I wish there was an SD stick in the cameras (like some cameras had) that stored all that data for you... it used to be in a few cameras around 2000-ish.