Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: barry685 on September 04, 2008, 10:32:49 pm

Title: Would Like to meet with Mamiya P21+ owner
Post by: barry685 on September 04, 2008, 10:32:49 pm
Hi,
I own a Portrait studio in Brooklyn, NY 11230. I currently shoot with a 5D & 1Ds MkII. I am very interested in upgrading to a P21+ with a Mamiya Afd III. I would like to test this combination (with an Afd II or III) outdoors. I can't do this properly in Manhattan (without permits). I am willing to drive 2-3 hours to meet with anyone who might help me with this.

Thanks
Barry Ehrman
www.barrystudios.com

718-421-2323
347-689-8988
Title: Would Like to meet with Mamiya P21+ owner
Post by: TMARK on September 05, 2008, 12:00:25 am
Quote
Hi,
I own a Portrait studio in Brooklyn, NY 11230. I currently shoot with a 5D & 1Ds MkII. I am very interested in upgrading to a P21+ with a Mamiya Afd III. I would like to test this combination (with an Afd II or III) outdoors. I can't do this properly in Manhattan (without permits). I am willing to drive 2-3 hours to meet with anyone who might help me with this.

Thanks
Barry Ehrman
www.barrystudios.com

718-421-2323
347-689-8988
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219533\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Go to Calumet and talk to Erwin, or digital transitions.  If you are serious they will rent one to you, perhaps for a discount.
Title: Would Like to meet with Mamiya P21+ owner
Post by: Dustbak on September 05, 2008, 03:06:40 am
Hey guys! One of you is selling a P30  (allright it is not a P21 but might be close enough) the other looking for a P21.

Both of you appear to be in NY....
Title: Would Like to meet with Mamiya P21+ owner
Post by: FrançoisTT on September 05, 2008, 03:30:11 am
Do the P30 with its 6,8 micron has the same skin rendering for portraiture than the P21 (or P20/P25) with its big 9 micron pixel size ?
Title: Would Like to meet with Mamiya P21+ owner
Post by: Dustbak on September 05, 2008, 03:33:31 am
Not sure about that since I don't own either one of them. I just know a lot of portraiture people use both (as in some use the P21 others the P30 and a very small group owns both of them) and they seem to be very happy with either one of those backs.
Title: Would Like to meet with Mamiya P21+ owner
Post by: barry685 on September 05, 2008, 08:39:36 am
Quote
Go to Calumet and talk to Erwin, or digital transitions.  If you are serious they will rent one to you, perhaps for a discount.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219547\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Spoke with digital transitions they want $600.00 for a rental. I am not willing to pay that to test a back.