Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: laughingbear on September 04, 2008, 04:46:36 am

Title: lcoal adjustment: pinmarker
Post by: laughingbear on September 04, 2008, 04:46:36 am
Greetings,

once I added a couple of brush strokes, leave lightroom, open a few guiness, and go back to it the next morning, then see my pinmarkers and choose one.... How do I know what adjustment I made under this specific pinmarker?

For example: pin marker 1 was exposure adjustment, pm2 was sharpness, but moving over the relevant marker does not show me the parameter that was adjusted in the panel if I am not mistaken. The panel shows always the latest paramater used.

Right?

If I am not wrong on that, to my understanding there are two ways of looking at it, hovering over the relevant pinmarker could update the right adjustment parameter panel, hence switch to the parameter that was used and show the latest value.

But, I imagine this to take quiet some more processing/ram power, not sure.

Another alternative I could imagine is the left History Panel.

All we see at the moment are entries "added brush stroke", but what about if the history would write something like:

brush stroke +S25, for positive sharpening with value 25or,
brush stroke +E0,45 for positive exposure with value 0,45, or,
brush stroke -C55 for a negative clarity with value 55

Hope I am making sense here, thanks and Greetings from Ireland

Best,
Georg
Title: lcoal adjustment: pinmarker
Post by: madmanchan on September 04, 2008, 08:12:26 am
Click on the pin. Then in the adjustment panel on the right you can see what was changed (via the slider values).
Title: lcoal adjustment: pinmarker
Post by: Nat Coalson on September 05, 2008, 12:50:19 am
After selecting the pin you can change the values or paint more on the mask.
Title: lcoal adjustment: pinmarker
Post by: Nat Coalson on September 05, 2008, 12:51:20 am
Hovering over a selected pin shows the mask.
Title: lcoal adjustment: pinmarker
Post by: john beardsworth on September 05, 2008, 02:07:03 am
And Shift O toggles the colour of the mask so it's easier to see on certain backgrounds. The other thing you need to know is holding the Alt/Opt key lets you paint away the effect.

John
Title: lcoal adjustment: pinmarker
Post by: laughingbear on September 05, 2008, 04:38:37 am
Doh! Thanks Eric, of course you have to be in the slider view mode, which I was not. Stupid me!  

Thank you Nat and John as well for the hints!

Last night I use a negative exposure of 0,40 on a really bright and shiny white wall to get out more details. It added unpleasant looking artifacts to the structure.

The file was from a SINAR eMotion 33MP digital back, so from this side things were very good.

Just got Martin Evenings book and started reading. I wonder is there a comprehensive list of all shortcuts in LR 2 modules somewhre available?

Eric, on a side note, LR2 is changing my world already. This is probably the very best software I came across since a long long time. Makes me want to know every detail function of it. I wish I could spend a week doing nothing but learnig LR2 now, but this has to wait until November due to workload. Simply an amazing piece of software and worth every penny!
Title: lcoal adjustment: pinmarker
Post by: francois on September 05, 2008, 04:46:16 am
Quote
…
. I wonder is there a comprehensive list of all shortcuts in LR 2 modules somewhre available?
You might want to visit Victoria Bampton's website (here (http://www.lightroomqueen.com/lrqshortcuts.php)). She has a downloadable shortcuts list (Mac/PC, LR version 1 and 2).
Title: lcoal adjustment: pinmarker
Post by: KeithR on September 05, 2008, 09:42:54 am
Quote
Just got Martin Evenings book and started reading. I wonder is there a comprehensive list of all shortcuts in LR 2 modules somewhre available?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219568\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I just saw this mentioned in the LL LR2 tutorial last night. I don't remember the exact keystrokes(not enough coffee yet), I think it's alt + / and that brings up the shortcut keys. I do remember that MR couldn't remember what the "little thing below the question mark" was.
Title: lcoal adjustment: pinmarker
Post by: laughingbear on September 05, 2008, 09:56:40 am
NICE!

Thanks Folks!
Title: lcoal adjustment: pinmarker
Post by: francois on September 05, 2008, 10:31:08 am
Quote
I just saw this mentioned in the LL LR2 tutorial last night. I don't remember the exact keystrokes(not enough coffee yet), I think it's alt + / and that brings up the shortcut keys. I do remember that MR couldn't remember what the "little thing below the question mark" was.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219598\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

CMD or Cntrl + / will bring up the shortcuts window for the active module.
Title: lcoal adjustment: pinmarker
Post by: wolfnowl on September 05, 2008, 11:04:58 am
Quote
And Shift O toggles the colour of the mask so it's easier to see on certain backgrounds. The other thing you need to know is holding the Alt/Opt key lets you paint away the effect.

John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219556\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Also keep in mind that when 'erasing' - using Alt/Opt or when using the erase brush, you can have different settings for flow, etc. than you did when you applied the effect in the first place.  Therefore, if your erasing seems to take more effort than applying did, check your settings for this.

Mike.