Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: mas55101 on August 25, 2008, 02:34:24 am
-
Any gain in Image Quality going from a Nikon D3 to a Canon 1Ds Mark II? (I know, old model, but that's the question.)
Michael, would you address this?
Thanks,
Michael
-
The short answer is that the gain of staying with the D3:
1. Less Noise
2. More bit depth.
The negative is slightly less resolution.
The D3 aside, I find the Canon 5D provides better IQ then the 1DSM2 (for it's less noise), with exception of resolution, which is slightly more with the 1DSM2.
I rank them in this order:
1. D3
2. 5D
3. 1DSM2.
In other words, stay with the D3...because going to the 1DSM2 is going backwards.
-
In other words, stay with the D3...because going to the 1DSM2 is going backwards.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=217340\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[/quote]
Thank you. I needed the feedback.
I'll just hold out for the his-res version of D3. Hmm, but what about that new Sony coming out?
Michael
-
In other words, stay with the D3...because going to the 1DSM2 is going backwards.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=217340\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thank you. I needed the feedback.
I'll just hold out for the his-res version of D3. Hmm, but what about that new Sony coming out?
Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=217343\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[/quote]
Forget about the coming Sony, and the coming of any and all brands. Your Nikon D3 is tops, so just enjoy it for the next several years...you got a winner, and perhaps the best save for perhaps the 1DSM3.